? servers

? players online

Snitching

• Content Count:  713

Snitches get stitches you know what im saying. Yea snitching thing has gotten out of hand, it's honestly a pain in the ass whenever i'm rebelling and a T decides to snitch on me or lead the cts toward where im at and end up dying and rage quitting. Whenever a T decides to bloodhound they always say "its bc i get a freeday next round" or "i want a lr".

• Content Count:  430

Most people just do it because they want to see someone they don't like get killed.

I mean that too, but I'd say the biggest reason is because then they ask and get FD's. For example they say, "I'll tell you where ___ is if you give me a freeday." It's kinda fucked, ratting out your buddy that you're supposed to be trying to team up with to kill the CT's.

• Content Count:  712

Snitches get stitches you know what im saying. Yea snitching thing has gotten out of hand, it's honestly a pain in the ass whenever i'm rebelling and a T decides to snitch on me or lead the cts toward where im at and end up dying and rage quitting. Whenever a T decides to bloodhound they always say "its bc i get a freeday next round" or "i want a lr".

maybe you should get better at the game you noob i always win my fights even if they know where i am

• Content Count:  199

I remember bringing this up to Dominic maybe a month ago because Mr Def would rat teammates out for taking guns that he wanted. It's basically throwing the round for your team and the "freedays" and other "rewards" you get out of it get revoked instantly, making it pointless. A rule against throwing/griefing like the one for CT would be great.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

I remember bringing this up to Dominic maybe a month ago because Mr Def would rat teammates out for taking guns that he wanted. It's basically throwing the round for your team and the "freedays" and other "rewards" you get out of it get revoked instantly, making it pointless. A rule against throwing/griefing like the one for CT would be great.

It technically is, you're not supposed to teamkill. And telling a CT someone is doing something KOS-able or where they are (not with the group) is indirectly getting them killed.

• Content Count:  11501

This has been an 'issue' since the beginning of PB. I've personally never viewed it as teamkilling, and view it as a reasonable part of the roleplay. The opposing viewpoint is 'well prisoners wouldn't have knives in a real prison!' which I think is going a step too far with that line of thinking, tbh - ie, prisoners generally wouldn't go to a pool, run into a big cage, and guards are almost always (if not literally always) not carrying guns on them during routine shit.

I think that it's pretty reasonable that there are snitches, and the people that do so are generally disliked and dig their own graves, so to speak. It's definitely douchey, but to create a rule about it seems far-fetched, imo. I think saying it's teamkilling is a considerable stretch, considering it's indirect, at best. They have no control over the actions of a CT, regardless of if they provide information or don't. At the end of the day, it's some sweaty teenager who is controlling the mouse and keyboard and who chooses to shoot the virtual video game gun or not.

Creating a rule against this would open up an entire can of worms that I wouldn't even want to have to touch. What is 'snitching'? Sure, we can think of obvious situations, but what about all of the non-obvious ones? If they don't say anything, but they air knife in the general direction, is that snitching? That question is rhetorical, but is moreso meant to trigger the thought process of the amount of loopholes and workarounds that people can (and probably would do) to catch a free day.

To sum up my opinion: it has always been a part of the game mode, and I think it's reasonable (but yes, completely douchey). I personally wouldn't, but I think the server weeds out the people who do through verbal seek-and-destroy. I believe that making a rule against it would open up a gigantic can of worms that wouldn't be worth it in the long run. But maybe it would be worth giving it a try; who knows?

• Like 5

• Content Count:  3740

This is my personal opinion, not the AT stance at the moment:

Try-hard guards are always ridiculed for being such, yet try-hard prisoners should now receive immunity from being ratted out by their scalawag teammates? I get why this is annoying, but a rule shouldn't be created just because someone wants to turn JB into a stealth ops mission. Personally, I would embrace this as a challenge and talk mad shit to the snitch if I still pulled off the round win in the end.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.