? servers

? players online

Freedays

• Content Count:  272

I don't think adding this rule would help at all. If you want to stop it just say freeday revoked and tell them to go somewhere. If they give attempt to reinstate the freeday then it's conflicting and you can just warning shot and eventually just kill all the Ts that are not following the orders you gave. If they complain, well that's not your problem as you gave the orders and they should be following it. It's not really something that I see as much of a problem. It isn't that hard to just revoke the freeday and give new orders and you don't have to scream it and repeat it over and over anyways. You can just kill the people not listening to your orders.

• Content Count:  3294

I still don't see any benefits on adding this new rule for everyone to learn on something that portrays a good part of a typical "day" on JB.

If you as a CT can't be bothered to enforce your own rule after you've overridden a freeday, then why bother getting on CT? Someone else may be glad to take your place and if they aren't any better than you, then I guess you're SOL.

I'm keen on exploring ideas that'll heighten the JB experience, so maybe something different is in order. I'm not saying to not touch the topic of freedays, because I wholeheartedly agree that it's fucking chaos when people declare a freeday for no fucking reason. I just think we can go about this another way.

The issue is most of the people who play CT on JB are not good. They do NOT enforce and do NOT want to. They're there for the power CT gives them and end up camping the whole time. This all going back to getting better players on CT. I'm aware of the playtime suggestion being shut down but I'm open to ANY other suggestions or ideas to be debated on.

I don't think adding this rule would help at all. If you want to stop it just say freeday revoked and tell them to go somewhere. If they give attempt to reinstate the freeday then it's conflicting and you can just warning shot and eventually just kill all the Ts that are not following the orders you gave. If they complain, well that's not your problem as you gave the orders and they should be following it. It's not really something that I see as much of a problem. It isn't that hard to just revoke the freeday and give new orders and you don't have to scream it and repeat it over and over anyways. You can just kill the people not listening to your orders.

This is something i'm notable for attempting, and am know known as 'the shitty ct who freekills". No matter how right you are the whole server will hate you. Yes you would be in the right, but eventually, round after round, you'll get tired and they'll win the constant freedays. This is all except an admin gets on and intervenes. However, i've only ever seen an admin intervene on this when it's been 10 straight rounds of freedays and either the T's win in two minutes or we drag out the whole round while the CT's camp.

• Content Count:  2187

@TheZZL I was going to suggest that we allow freedays after a certain time limit (for example: No freedays until after 2:30, 1:45, etc.) but I feel like it would turn out to be the same when we implemented that for deathgames for the first time. Needless to say, it turned out bad, but we could always try it.

In the end, I feel like a better admin presence and/or a surge in more reliable CTs would fix this better than a new rule being placed to counteract this. Admittedly, I'm not on much since I have to focus on my studies right now so I can't be there every day, all the time. All I can tell you is to help people become better CTs and call an admin in if bad goes to worse.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  228

It seems pretty retarded (atleast to me) that CT's can just give freedays in the first minute or two to the entire T team a full freeday just for them to rush secrets, other ct's and armory. I'm suggesting we have a cooldown before CT's could give freedays, or atleast freedays that allow T's to roam 65ish percent of the map. I'd be okay if they had a freeday in disco, but unrestricted/past first cell freedays just seem like the CT's want to farm rebellers, or something. Doing this could also prevent some T orders from being followed right after they get unmuted. Any other thoughts on this?

Nesquik, as you know this has been brought up MANY times over the years, and it never seems to get enought people who like it. Why do you think its different now? (legit question not trying to be a dick)

• Content Count:  1381

Nesquik, as you know this has been brought up MANY times over the years, and it never seems to get enought people who like it. Why do you think its different now? (legit question not trying to be a dick)

Because now that CSGO is F2P, there are more CT's that just came home from elementary school to go on CT with almost no awareness of the 5 T's chasing their back with a knife out when the other CT's are screaming freeday and freeday revoked back at each other for like 30 seconds.

Because now that CSGO is F2P, there are more CT's that just came home from elementary school to go on CT with almost no awareness of the 5 T's chasing their back with a knife out when the other CT's are screaming freeday and freeday revoked back at each other for like 30 seconds.

Don't understand why you have to rag on the younger audience that JB brings. There are PLENTY adults and people who fit the requirements of your friends (deep voices) that also do not know the rules and freekill. We should probably get over the stigma of the fact that only younger children, or people who sound younger are the only toxic/rule breakers.

• Content Count:  1381

Don't understand why you have to rag on the younger audience that JB brings. There are PLENTY adults and people who fit the requirements of your friends (deep voices) that also do not know the rules and freekill. We should probably get over the stigma of the fact that only younger children, or people who sound younger are the only toxic/rule breakers.

very helpful zzl, thank you for clarifying this and making me post more on this thread that clearly won't have any change... your post really helped this rule discussion.

Anyways this was just a stereotype since most of the people that ZZL described as freekillers and people who don't know the rules are immature kids (atleast from my experience with JB). With the addition of F2P more kids looking for free games that their parents won't have to spend money on allows more of that audience to come to our servers.

Edited by nesquik

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.