? servers

? players online

Freedays

• Content Count:  1381

It seems pretty retarded (atleast to me) that CT's can just give freedays in the first minute or two to the entire T team a full freeday just for them to rush secrets, other ct's and armory. I'm suggesting we have a cooldown before CT's could give freedays, or atleast freedays that allow T's to roam 65ish percent of the map. I'd be okay if they had a freeday in disco, but unrestricted/past first cell freedays just seem like the CT's want to farm rebellers, or something. Doing this could also prevent some T orders from being followed right after they get unmuted. Any other thoughts on this?

• Content Count:  2187

But we can revoke freedays at anytime.

And if whoever gave the freeday in the first place reinstates the freeday after you clearly said "Freeday revoked," then that's conflicting. An admin should be contacted to handle it or a player complaint should be made if it's becoming repetitive. I honestly don't see why we would want to have Ts roam 65% of the map when you can just revoke it downright.

Plus, they can't give repeating orders. Once again, I'm pretty sure that's against the rules and this should be discussed with an admin so they can check out what's going on.

• Content Count:  1634

I don't like the idea in the slightest bit. I mean you seriously want a CT to have more of an advantage than they already have? The CT team can revoke freedays any time. A cool down wouldn't be necessary when literately every CT has that power. The CT team is also allowed to watch/camp secrets with out any restriction. Also, I don't know why you think that T orders would be prevented by this. It can still happen if there was no freeday at all.

It honestly seems like you make this suggestion because you arent able to win on a freeday XD

Edited by Strayyz

• Content Count:  1381

It honestly seems like you make this suggestion because you arent able to win on a freeday

??? Of course I can win on freedays. It's too easy to rebel when there are 5 oblivious f2p ct's that don't know how to cover there backs. I just think it's stupid that CT's can just give the prisoners such an easy chance to rebel immediately. It doesn't have to be a long cooldown, maybe like a minute or 1.5. A lot of rounds nothing really gets done because it's all just freeday and rebel.

• Content Count:  1634

??? Of course I can win on freedays. It's too easy to rebel when there are 5 oblivious f2p ct's that don't know how to cover there backs. I just think it's stupid that CT's can just give the prisoners such an easy chance to rebel immediately. It doesn't have to be a long cooldown, maybe like a minute or 1.5. A lot of rounds nothing really gets done because it's all just freeday and rebel.

I see u liked my quip :kappa:, all jokes aside, I see why you would want there to be a change. But I think it would be fine or in my opinion better without this change because of how inconvenient it would be. Also... u can revoke a freeday Xd

Edited by Strayyz

• Content Count:  3294

@Strayyz @Frostbitten If you've ever played jailbreak you know for a fact revoking a freeday thrown by another toxic CT is almost impossible. You'll try and give an order and revoke the freeday and they'll throw the freeday right back. Eventually, so T's don't get freekilled from confusion, you have to give in and give the freeday. Confusing orders and conflicting orders are always difficult to get real evidence on and punish (In this scenario). I absolutely agree with @nesquik and think there should be a delay on freedays. Ontop of the fact that people think "First day Freedays" are mandatory we need to really enforce on how often a freeday can be given. I agree I do give freedays a lot, but typically when it's 2AM and no one on really want's it to be strict. The main thing we're discussing however is the fact that during peak hours with 20+ players CT's find it a lot easier to throw freedays and not enforce. The issue with enforcing has been a very apparent topic. To fix the freeday issue we should probably restrict it to once every 3 rounds? We do need competent CT's, something I'll never drop.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1020

Freedaya play a major role in our JB server and restricting them wouldn’t benefit it at all. If we got rid of freedays happening every round, rounds would last forever and it would be boring if the CTs just tell them to go to point A to point B with crouch walking with no jumping. The only way I see this working is that we add deathgames to the server to fill in the void that would be created with freedays gone.

• Content Count:  3294

Freedaya play a major role in our JB server and restricting them wouldn’t benefit it at all. If we got rid of freedays happening every round, rounds would last forever and it would be boring if the CTs just tell them to go to point A to point B with crouch walking with no jumping. The only way I see this working is that we add deathgames to the server to fill in the void that would be created with freedays gone.

Deathgames are the things that fill the gap from "Sitting at point A to point B" . The issue is that NO ONE likes doing deathgames, they're too scared to die. Forced deathgames are something we should be implementing to keep our servers fun and active. I know I lowkey repeated what you said WavY but it's because I agree with you

• Content Count:  2206

I personally think free days are the best part, if I don't know a map it allows me to explore it and try to find secrets and is obviously more enjoyable than crouching to big cage or something. Plus like already previously said it could just be revoked and if they go back and forth giving out and revoking the free day you can report it for conflicting orders. IMO it should stay the way it is and we should explore other options to make the experience more enjoyable.

• Content Count:  2187

I still don't see any benefits on adding this new rule for everyone to learn on something that portrays a good part of a typical "day" on JB.

If you as a CT can't be bothered to enforce your own rule after you've overridden a freeday, then why bother getting on CT? Someone else may be glad to take your place and if they aren't any better than you, then I guess you're SOL.

I'm keen on exploring ideas that'll heighten the JB experience, so maybe something different is in order. I'm not saying to not touch the topic of freedays, because I wholeheartedly agree that it's fucking chaos when people declare a freeday for no fucking reason. I just think we can go about this another way.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.