? servers

? players online

If an admin uses their power to talk over !fo=[First order] on sg is that admin abuse

• Content Count:  498

Well I've been told that is not, but over time it looks to me that it should be admin abuse in a sever where at most times 30-50 players at its peak should not have such a thing. This is a growing problem where admins like to speak over players when they are giving a Fo. As a normal player you cant do anything about the admin speaking and sometimes its about warning a player if they're doing something bad. But most of time its to talk shit or call a player/admin names like dumb fag ugly trash bad ect. Please if you read this upvote it thank you and have a wonderful rest of your day :).

• Like 4

• Content Count:  5674

One of the primary goals of !fo is to allow one CT to get out the first order without interruption and avoid confusion at the beginning of rounds. If an admin is speaking over someone to the point that they can't get an order out clearly, I would consider it abuse of that power they've been given. If the person who has !fo isn't even talking yet and an admin makes a quick comment, there's nothing wrong with it in my eyes and I don't see why there would be.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3294

Well I've been told that is not, but over time it looks to me that it should be admin abuse in a sever where at most times 30-50 players at its peak should not have such a thing. This is a growing problem where admins like to speak over players when they are giving a Fo. As a normal player you cant do anything about the admin speaking and sometimes its about warning a player if they're doing something bad. But most of time its to talk shit or call a player/admin names like dumb fag ugly trash bad ect. Please if you read this upvote it thank you and have a wonderful rest of your day :).

This has always been a thing, admins frequently use the peace and quiet of first order in order to get a warning across. The main issue that comes with this is "undercover" admins is using it, when it's clearly a breach of the admin rules (Not having the SG tag in their name when using their powers). The undercover admin topic has come up inconclusive and important points have gone ignored. Many people say that admins speaking during the first order, or when the Terrorists can't speak yet isn't a breach of the admin rules. Yet when you "expose" and admin who has blatantly used an "admin power" before the round, they'll get upset. I think we need a large clarification on these rules or even a good debate about them.

One of the primary goals of !fo is to allow one CT to get out the first order without interruption and avoid confusion at the beginning of rounds. If an admin is speaking over someone to the point that they can't get an order out clearly, I would consider it abuse of that power they've been given. If the person who has !fo isn't even talking yet and an admin makes a quick comment, there's nothing wrong with it in my eyes and I don't see why there would be.

Hate to break it to you but admin's, even though they're joking around with another admin, consistently do that I find it hard to stop.

Edited by Dominic

• Content Count:  2169

Hate to break it to you but admin's, even though they're joking around with another admin, consistently do that I find it hard to stop.

If you have a problem with an admin talking over !fo you should try and hash it out to get him to stop. If the problem persists I recommend gathering evidence for a (serious) admin complaint, or talking to someone higher to get the admin to knock it off.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  3294

If you have a problem with an admin talking over !fo you should try and hash it out to get him to stop. If the problem persists I recommend gathering evidence for a (serious) admin complaint, or talking to someone higher to get the admin to knock it off.
I made my comment to what Dominic had said, stating that admin's should not be talking over a CT who has taken fo. He also said that if they had done that, that it is a clear abuse of powers. It's not that I specifically have a problem with it (None the less I do), but that Dominic just said that it is clearly not ok. Also hate to break it to you but it is extremely hard on any community or area with a power hierarchy to get a friend who is a superior to their friend to discipline them.

• Content Count:  5674

I'm going to close this thread up, but I just wanna clarify a few things.

Admins should not be interfering with !fo to the point the CT can't clearly give orders. It's not cut and dry, it's situational, but that's the general rule of thumb to follow. Admins, let the players use the command as intended, don't use it as time to call each other fagbags. Using it to quickly dish out a warning isn't a big deal though.

Using voice chat during !fo when other CTs can't speak and talking before 4:15 when other Ts can't speak is utilizing an admin ability. Therefore, you have to tag up with your forum name. It's an admin rule, you're expected to follow it.

Admin complaints are there for a reason. If someone is abusing their power and you can't get them to stop, make an admin complaint or contact a higher up if you don't want to post one publicly. Complaining about admins abusing their powers with the means to stop them at your fingertips doesn't make any sense.

PM me or another higher up or make a new thread if you have any further questions.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread