Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Darnias
    PM me feet pics

Bit off-topic, but Shadowex you seem to be clinging to the past. Nobody in todays age is gonna play Zombie Escape without noblock. Not only are the maps different, but so are the people. I've witnessed Zombie Escape with block countless times myself and it definitely wouldn't be fun in todays age, on todays maps, for todays players.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darnias For This Useful Post:
    Cept For Her (02-22-2019), iXi (02-26-2019), lce (03-05-2019)

turboshoot
    SG Player

I think what Ben's trying to get to is that there is a reason almost no one in the zombie escape community takes turning noblock off seriously, and literally no zombie escape server that I know of has noblock turned off. I don't know how often you've been playing Zombie escape since you started over a decade ago, but i've been playing on and off just as long as you have if not more for over a decade now and zombie escape has evolved tremendously since it's beginnings. Back then the most complicated map you had was something like mines of moria.

You had extremely simple maps where even if people were trolling and attempting to block humans could still win because that's how the maps were designed. Turning noblock off may work fine for simple maps such as death star escape or boatescape, but what about for maps like mako, which was made 7 years ago, much less the much newer maps today. People love to troll nowadays, and there are plenty of ways to do that in Zombie escape, why add in another factor that allows people to be trolls into the mix?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to turboshoot For This Useful Post:
    lce (03-05-2019)

Shadowex3
    ZombieMurder Power Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Darnias View Post
    Bit off-topic, but Shadowex you seem to be clinging to the past. Nobody in todays age is gonna play Zombie Escape without noblock. Not only are the maps different, but so are the people. I've witnessed Zombie Escape with block countless times myself and it definitely wouldn't be fun in todays age, on todays maps, for todays players.
    People used to say the same thing about any game that took more skill than W+M1. Then Dark Souls was released. People Got Gud.

Quote Originally Posted by turboshoot View Post
    You had extremely simple maps where even if people were trolling and attempting to block humans could still win because that's how the maps were designed. Turning noblock off may work fine for simple maps such as death star escape or boatescape, but what about for maps like mako, which was made 7 years ago, much less the much newer maps today. People love to troll nowadays, and there are plenty of ways to do that in Zombie escape, why add in another factor that allows people to be trolls into the mix?
    Boatescape was hardly a simple map, if anything its complexity puts almost any modern map to shame. Modern MG-race maps, and let's be honest that's what they are, are generally an on-rails experience with overpowered items and the map constantly force teleporting and locking the zombies away from the humans. Boatescape may have lacked scripted sequences and had flat walls but it had two seperate starting points, three vehicles, and multiple branching and intersecting paths and shortcuts all of which were calibrated to be well balanced and give both teams a fighting chance dependent on their skill and teamwork. You had to actually Escape from the Zombies because the map was not going to automatically teleport them away from you regularly and lock them behind an invisible wall for you. You had to actually think about your weapon choice in terms of how it affected Zombies because it was going to take all of you working together to hold them off. And you had to actually consider the different paths and strategies.

MidNight_Ace
    Senior Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowex3 View Post
    People used to say the same thing about any game that took more skill than W+M1. Then Dark Souls was released. People Got Gud.

Boatescape was hardly a simple map, if anything its complexity puts almost any modern map to shame. Modern MG-race maps, and let's be honest that's what they are, are generally an on-rails experience with overpowered items and the map constantly force teleporting and locking the zombies away from the humans. Boatescape may have lacked scripted sequences and had flat walls but it had two seperate starting points, three vehicles, and multiple branching and intersecting paths and shortcuts all of which were calibrated to be well balanced and give both teams a fighting chance dependent on their skill and teamwork. You had to actually Escape from the Zombies because the map was not going to automatically teleport them away from you regularly and lock them behind an invisible wall for you. You had to actually think about your weapon choice in terms of how it affected Zombies because it was going to take all of you working together to hold them off. And you had to actually consider the different paths and strategies.

I see how you want to add block into our server for a more advanced difficulty and a harder game mode. I get your point of maps being fun and takes more skill with block on, but everyone has different likes and dislikes. Majority (90%) of our players do not enjoy having block on. I get on voodoo island, a map Wesker added block on. People would say “Wesker why would you add block” or “WTF is this shit stacking”. Most of our players want to play the “regular ZE” nowadays. Also, increasing the difficulty of the game mode will not only be a struggle beating maps, but it will be hard to keep our population on the server. People wouldn’t want to play servers that can’t beat maps consistently. Players from other servers will start shit talking about how dumb it will be to add block on ZE. I’ve not seen any player that has been playing ZE over 10 years except one. They don’t know anything about the old servers having block, and wouldn’t enjoy playing without no block.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MidNight_Ace For This Useful Post:
    iXi (02-26-2019), lce (03-05-2019)

Cept For Her
    SG Fanboy

This is starting to get off topic so Im gonna be locking this. If anyone has an issue with each other Im gonna ask you to please take it to PMs or message a higher up if you want to talk more about it.

Have a nice day

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cept For Her For This Useful Post:
    Agent Wesker (02-27-2019), iXi (02-27-2019)

Dominic
    stop cappin

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowex3 View Post
    You're new here, and apparently don't know how to read either a calendar or roman numerals, so I'll help you out a bit: See that little "IX" under my name? The one that's a bit under the month and year I joined SteamGamers? That's the roman numeral for "9". In about five days it's going to change to an "X" which means "10". Alternatively go sort the forum's memberlist by join date with oldest first. I'm on page 3.
    Are you unironically flexing your join date?

As a general statement to everyone: this is a suggestion thread, post your opinion, respond to other people, then move on. There's no need for extra comments being made in an attempt to make one opinion more valid than the other. Positive comments are cool, but literally posting about someone's ability to be an admin on a thread about gun prices is absurd. You guys all look bad as individuals when you can't have a civil conversation about a ZE server. The original post looks really good and thought out and it's a shame it had to get locked because of everyone's inability to stay calm and collect.

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Dominic For This Useful Post:
    Cept For Her (02-27-2019), Creten (02-28-2019), Cutesicle (02-28-2019), Darnias (02-27-2019), eXtr3m3 (02-27-2019), Fuze (02-27-2019), iXi (02-28-2019), MidNight_Ace (02-28-2019), Montag (02-28-2019), Poobah (02-28-2019), Reid99 (02-27-2019), Rhyzhe (02-27-2019), Strayyz (02-27-2019), vinyl (02-27-2019)