6 22.22%
  • Revert the changes

18 66.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dominic
    vlone

Quote Originally Posted by Dong View Post
    ?

You were saying that constant autorespawn and limited respawn are both challenging. I was trying to make the point that the challenge difficulty between the two features are waaaaaaay different.
    The challenge of it doesn't change, only the risk. It's still just as hard to hit the skip, but if autorespawn is turned off you're forced to be scared to do the skip in fear of having to wait 4-5 minutes.

Dong
    big fag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    The skip is just as challenging regardless of autorespawn being on or off. The only difference is that there is more of a risk with going for a skip when autorespawn is disabled. The difficulty of the skip is still the same.
    For me at least, risks create challenges. The risk of the skip without respawn makes it challenging.

Kieran
    Professional RDMer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dong View Post
    For me at least, risks create challenges. The risk of the skip without respawn makes it challenging.
    What exactly do you mean by challenging? I'm talking about the difficulty of the skip.

I think you guys are talking about the two different meanings of challenging.

Dong
    big fag
    I'm sorry for saying "challenging" then. Having that risk adds to the overall skill of that player if they can hit it everytime without autorespawn.

ImHunterIRL
    SG Professional

In my eyes it should be reverted but modify, I like the timer and the records we have but course isn’t bhop server your suppose to die and spectate for a bit. It’s course where it’s deathrun but modify and a lot longer. Course has traps that are suppose to be reset every round but with infinite respawn they won’t be reset ever till map changes. Just yesterday I was on save the island and some guy just kept running into the barrels just so he doesn’t have to go threw them again. Course is suppose to be a challenge where you either get it that time or you wait till the next round, not bhop where your stuck on a part and keep going till map changes.

whimsy
    SG's best bhopper
    I'm pretty lost as to why this is left up for so much debate.

What happened to the course timer retro made like 3 years ago? shit worked perfectly fine, and there has to be others out there if ours is broken.
    Tbh I wasn't even aware that it was somehow broken.

Timer has always been a part of course, that's the whole point of it. Just like kz, bhop, surf, etc. It's supposed to be a race to get to the end. Even on the more elaborate CSS maps that fall under this category but require almost an entire team to participate in events to get to the end is still supposed to be a race to get it done as quickly as possible.

Respawn was never a part of the type of course we have for csgo, maybe on the more elaborate css maps like I just mentioned, but not on these short little sub minute course maps.

Autobhop has completely ruined any challenge course has had and it has become extremely boring and repetitive in my opinion. Getting to the finish is stupid simple now so I really see even less of a need for a respawn period at all. I thought even the fact that for like the last year or so that if you died on course in the first like 45 seconds you could respawn was extremely lame. It was always a once and done per round for these types of maps

I don't think respawn has a purpose, timer has always been a necessity, and maybe consider attempting to disable bhop for courses? I don't really see the reason for it being disabled on some DM/MG infused maps like goldeneye and warmcup but not on course. However, that suggestion should be taken lightly as I guarantee 85% of our population is too lazy to learn how bhopping works.

The way we had course a few years ago was perfectly fine, all it needed was the addition of auto if that's what everyone wants

Kieran
    Professional RDMer
    Quote Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
    Timer has always been a part of course, that's the whole point of it. Just like kz, bhop, surf, etc. It's supposed to be a race to get to the end. Even on the more elaborate CSS maps that fall under this category but require almost an entire team to participate in events to get to the end is still supposed to be a race to get it done as quickly as possible.
    I wouldn't say timer on a course is a necessity. The "main goal" of course is to see if you can complete a map, not how fast you can complete it. Once a player knows how to beat the map they want to see how fast they can complete it, but for many they just want to try and beat it for the sake of beating it.

Respawn was never a part of the type of course we have for csgo, maybe on the more elaborate css maps like I just mentioned, but not on these short little sub minute course maps.
    I've played on plenty of servers that have autorespawn and it does serve its purpose. Some players focus on practicing a certain map and don't want to go for a skip and have to risk 2-3 minutes of being dead and watching other players. I usually only find it on course servers though.

Autobhop has completely ruined any challenge course has had and it has become extremely boring and repetitive in my opinion.
    +1 for this... I'm not a fan of autobhop on the server at all. Any gun game on multigames has become bhop knife deathmatch, course maps are extremely easy, and no skill is required whatsoever.