? servers

? players online

MG maps on WHAT!?

• Content Count:  1634

MG MAPS

ON SCRIM!?

Before you roast me, hear this idea out and think how much fun it might be.

Before I tell everyone the idea please know this, I didn't come up with this idea on my own. It was a collective idea by some of the MG players and admins that consist of myself, @Polarzz, @Bacon, @Dong, @WrAp, and @Kopsta while playing xmas_nipperhouse_csgo. But, I did change it around a little bit so it's chances of it being applied increases.

Here is the idea:

It would be an all day event or, I could be just a few games on the scrim server. Where we would add a group of selected MG maps to the map selection including some the regular maps we already have(three most popular scrim maps would be chosen in this case).

These added maps would consist of:

xmas_nipperhouse_csgo

mg_south_park_elementary_v1

mg_skytower_b1

the suggested maps along with the three regular scrim maps would be a good balance to the people that just want to play regular scrim, or if people would want to try playing an organized game of scrim on one of the refreshing maps that I suggested. The reason why I left three regular maps is because I don't want anyone to be forced to play something that they don't want too.

Hope you consider and give thoughts on the idea

:)

• Like 3
Edited by Strayyz

• Content Count:  820

Ok, I dont think this post is showing what I and Im sure others thought this would be. I wasn't for having there be mg maps on scrim, as the point of scrim is to replicate a competitive type experience, with real csgo maps. What I wanted was some kind of event on MG with scrim elements.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  536

I wouldn't want it to be just mg maps but for it to have autohop too. I'm sure people would be against that but that's the only reason why I'd play something like this.

Edit: I don't see why this couldn't be an event tho. Events are events for a reason. They're suppose to be different. We literally had a scoutz and knifez event on mg. That isn't what mg typically is, but it was an event. I'd think this would be pretty cool for scrim sense they don't have many different type of events or many events at all.

• Like 1
Edited by Dong

• Content Count:  1329

In my honest opinion, I join scrim to play comp maps, not MG maps. I have this feeling that even if those maps were added to the scrim server, they would be veto'd immediately. I feel like this suggestion is almost useless (not to be mean). I feel like we should just keep Scrim as Scrim.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1634

Ok, I dont think this post is showing what I and Im sure others thought this would be. I wasn't for having there be mg maps on scrim, as the point of scrim is to replicate a competitive type experience, with real csgo maps. What I wanted was some kind of event on MG with scrim elements.

I don't really think you understood what I said by

The reason why I left three regular maps is because I don't want anyone to be forced to play something that they don't want too.
. I said that because there will always be people looking for a competitive experience. That's why I tried my bast to cater for those players as well. Also, there would be tons of changes to MG to make this work, and there would be no way for people coming to MG to play MG would be catered as well. Thats why I tweaked the idea... so that it would be possible.

I hit up chief, he said this ain't it

MG and Scrim are 2 very different concepts and merging is not a good idea; a semi serious match merging with holding space and knifing everyone is not a good idea

I get that you have doubt in the event, but merging two completely different things is not unheard of. Sometimes it completely fails, but on other occasions it could be an amazing and fun experience. I tired to get the two elements and balance them carefully as I could. But overall, I think it would be a high risk high reward situation. I think if the idea could get a chance we could all learn from this event and have a better understanding on making and suggesting events as a whole. I mean we won't find out unless we try :d.

Thank you guys for sharing your thought on the idea :)

Edited by Strayyz

Reply to Thread