Itch
    Can't be scratched!

Banana Fish

Anyone else watch this?

A1N4QM1C2XL._RI_.jpg

It's on Prime... I just finished it and need to rant!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Itch For This Useful Post:
    Motox (02-11-2019)

Noob^
    Senior Administrator

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Noob^ For This Useful Post:
    Fuze (02-10-2019)

DancingMoonLight
    Zero Two for life
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob^ View Post
    haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa haahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahaha hahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahaha hhahahhahahhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhaha hhahahahaahaahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahaa

no neck you ape @Noob^

Fuze
    Senior Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob^ View Post
    Fuck you you beat me to it smfh

Motox
    Honorable Gamer
    Yea, Banana Fish was a great watch for the summer-winter seasons in 2018. Honestly the ending had me a bit peeved, with some character arcs like Lee's and Golzine's having some lackluster or really just nonsensical resolutions. Also, the fact that A LOT of shit could've been avoided if Ash was just honest with the Chinese about what happened with Shorter. But those are probably my main gripes, apart from some anachronistic references to 80s culture, which I get because of the source material but still felt out of place.

MAPPA did great with this adaption I feel, I'll be honest any former Madhouse heads can really make or break their adaptions with the majority of their works being in the former. This had a great OST, animation was spot on for the first cour and parts of the second (also that 2nd OP was tops my guy), and character development was great with the main cast throughout most of it with only some of them stagnating. Banana Fish was probably my favorite Shoujo of 2018, especially one that doesn't use BL as a cop out for substance, during a pretty humdrum year for anime. Definitely had its faults, but honestly I loved it.

Also,

Spoiler