? servers

? players online

SG admin tag

• Content Count:  1799

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34914 This means [56] and the other ones that look like [sG] are allowed. Admins normally punish people having [56] in their name and the other ones even though according to this, it’s allowed.

No, those kinds of tags are not allowed. Where are you getting it, saying that it's allowed?

Edit:

Any admin wishing to utilize their admin abilities must be using their normal name which must include the [sG] tag IN THEIR STEAM NAME (AO+ exception). [s-G] is not a valid admin tag.

If you're trying to reference this, as to how those kinds of tags are allowed then it doesn't make any sense. These rules are for admins and just explicitly points out that [s-G] is not a valid tag for an admin to wear. For players, on the other hand, it's a different story. I know how this can be confusing, but as I said before, that list of rules apply to admins only, they are not general rules for players. Hopefully our admins would be competent enough to realize that tags like [56] or (S6) are also not valid tags.

• Like 2
Edited by Manny

• Content Count:  1633

I brought up the n-word thing to point out the similarities between the two to make it more obvious it is wrong. Everyone knows that you're not allowed to change the "i" for a "1". Yes, you didn't spell out the n-word. No, that does not make it acceptable. It's an attempt to skirt around the racism rule. Anyone with half a brain could recognize you were just trying to spell the n-word.

No, you're not allowed to change the brackets in [sG] to paranthesis and put it in your name. Yes, you didn't write out the exact format of the tag. No, that does not make it acceptable. It's an attempt to skirt around the admin impersonation rule. Anyone with half a brain could recognize you were trying to wear the [sG] tag with slight modifications. New players could definitely be confused and look to you as an admin figure if you're (SG) instead of [sG] because they don't know any better.

• Content Count:  484

No, those kinds of tags are not allowed. Where are you getting it, saying that it's allowed?

Edit:

If you're trying to reference this, as to how those kinds of tags are allowed then it doesn't make any sense. These rules are for admins and just explicitly points out that [s-G] is not a valid tag for an admin to wear. For players, on the other hand, it's a different story. I know how this can be confusing, but as I said before, that list of rules apply to admins only, they are not general rules for players. Hopefully our admins would be competent enough to realize that tags like [56] or (S6) are also not valid tags.

Oh ok I get it now shit, that should be worded differently then tbh it’s kind of confusing.

• Content Count:  33

So should we just change the wording a bit to prevent vonfusion also can someone point me to the threat where the admin impersonating rule is because it wasn’t under ttt, JB server rules etc, so we might need to add it in general

• Content Count:  1633

Why should the wording be changed? It’s called admin rules so obviously it would apply to admins lol.

Yeah, the rule should probably be stated under general server rules. It already exists as it literally states in our ban protocol you can punish people for admin impersonation in the SA section, but I have no idea why it is not found in those threads.

• Content Count:  1266

The Board has decided to forbid the usage of similar tags to our admin tag unless it is a legit community's tag. We will list some of the known communities with similar tags to ours on our guides and on this thread. This doesn't mean that all the other tags are invalid. If you do come across an actual an actual community with a similar tag that isn't listed on the guides then please report it on this thread. So from now on players using tags like [56] or [s6] will be considered admin impersonation.

Here's the list so far:

• Syndicate Gamers sG|
  • SourceGames(SG) ?[sG]?

I will be updating the guides shortly. If you have any questions/concerns please post them on this thread.

I'm not sure if this was ever made public to the regs, but this is stickied and is the latest answer I could find on the topic; so to answer the question, even if it isn't a 'valid' SG tag, you're not allowed to wear it either

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

The thread itself makes no sense. [s-G] is not a valid tag for admins to use when utilizing their powers, that doesn't mean you're allowed to use it. Tags similar to ours aren't allowed. I didn't bother reading many of the other responses here because this is not complicated whatsoever.

• Like 5

Reply to Thread