? servers

? players online

SG admin tag

• Content Count:  33

Hear me out I’m not trying to break the rules but like...

In the admin rules thread it stated and I quote “must include the [sG] tag IN THEIR STEAM NAME (AO+ exception). [s-G] is not a valid admin tag.” This is talking about when admins can use their powers btw. Anyways... I could find the thread that said impersonating admins is against the rules which we all know it is. Which brings me to the point if “[s-G]” isn’t a valid admin tag does that mean that me as a person who is not admin can wear such a tag like {SG}, |SG|, [sg] or is this still considered impersonation even though it’s not a “valid admin tag”. Again I’m not trying to break the rules and loophole. I just don’t want to do it and get banned with the logic I have if there is a thread on this please point me to it bc I don’t know where it is.

Don’t hate me

Thanks, Weeb Juice

• Content Count:  361

Tags similar to the admin tags are not allowed. I remember this causing a lot of confusion last year when a bunch of regs on TTT started using tags like [56) and the like. This resulted in that tag being banned, and a tightening of the rules regarding admin impersonation.

• Content Count:  1633

Doing this means you’re trying to loophole around the rules. You are acknowledging the tags are similar. Wearing these tags could easily cause confusion and lead to players thinking you’re an admin.

No, it is not allowed. The fact you had to question it probably should tell you that it is wrong.

• Content Count:  484

so then shouldn’t we just ad a sentence to the rule on admin impersonating. Because surprisingly there are stupider people out there.

What he’s saying is true, there should be an addition to the rule cause this is honestly like confusing. Admins say no impersonating admins and no getting around the rules by putting [56] or something, but the rules say otherwise.

• Content Count:  2162

so then shouldn’t we just ad a sentence to the rule on admin impersonating. Because surprisingly there are stupider people out there.

What he’s saying is true, there should be an addition to the rule cause this is honestly like confusing. Admins say no impersonating admins and no getting around the rules by putting [56] or something, but the rules say otherwise.

Would one of you two mind pointing me to where you're looking at this rule, and where it needs to be added on to, because i cant find it for the life of me.

Regarding tags similar to our own, as it was said above, it may cause confusion among the regular base. Using a tag similar to our [sG], such as [56], (SG), [s6], it would be considered admin impersonation and you could be punished for it. If the tag you have on however, is part of an actual community, feel free to wear it as long as you can provide proof of the community it belongs to.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1381

Would one of you two mind pointing me to where you're looking at this rule, and where it needs to be added on to, because i cant find it for the life of me.

Regarding tags similar to our own, as it was said above, it may cause confusion among the regular base. Using a tag similar to our [sG], such as [56], (SG), [s6], it would be considered admin impersonation and you could be punished for it. If the tag you have on however, is part of an actual community, feel free to wear it as long as you can provide proof of the community it belongs to.

its in the admin rules section im pretty sure

• Content Count:  484

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34914 This means [56] and the other ones that look like [sG] are allowed. Admins normally punish people having [56] in their name and the other ones even though according to this, it’s allowed.

Reply to Thread