? servers

? players online

Discussion about forced death-games

• Content Count:  5674

I don't feel as though I've come up with the absolute best way to implement forced death-games into the server, but I'd like to once again bring it to the table. I was playing Jailbreak and realized that my view on this isn't very objective as SG is the only JB server I've ever played. I've never tried looking at it from a different perspective of someone joining into the server for the first time and playing with our server's style of JB, that being fast paced rebellion. I honestly think lots of people probably look at it as boring and repetitive. I, too, have sort of come to the conclusion that this also might be why JB has become stale to me. I'm not saying forced death-games is the absolute solution to this but I am saying it's a place to possibly start.

In my opinion, the main problem that comes up when trying to think of a way to implement this is how easy it is to be abused. Goku's attempt at adding forced death-games to the server was a prime example when @Caution and @delirium played devil's advocate with the rule set. Rules need to be extensive and thought out properly. While dropping a whole new set of rules onto the server isn't great, it's necessary considering what a radical change it is and how it will greatly effect gameplay. Just to sort of drop something off the top of my head:

• CTs cannot force a death-game when there are 6 or less Ts alive to prevent every single T from dying to a death-game. CTs must cease the death-game if it gets to this number.
  • CTs cannot force a death-game after the clock hits 2:30 to prevent them taking the entire round.
  • CTs can only force map made death-games to ensure both objectiveness and fairness. The map made death-game must give the Ts a chance to live.
  • CTs can only force one death-game per round.

There's undoubtedly flaws within these, but it's something to start with. One major problem I saw with Goku's attempt at this was the lack of time for the rules to ferment. If our racism rule was changed, you'd probably have quite a few people dropping the n word in the first few days, then it'd probably die down. I think, while there isn't exactly a way to combat it, when the rule was changed people freaked out which caused panic among higher ups. Maybe there is a way to lay this down slower than just dropping the entire rule set, maybe there isn't. I do think this is something that should be taken into account though.

I think adding death-games in some way, shape, or form will bring a new aspect to the server that will appeal to newer players and eventually be picked up by current ones. When players migrate from other Jailbreak servers, they probably expect death-games as it plays a big part in other servers. I do believe our current regulars will disagree because of the play style that has been etched into their brains but I think it will catch on. Like I mentioned earlier, I think it just needs to be given time and it will eventually become a normal part of our server. Recently we've gotten more population, most likely from F2P but it could also be coming from other communities not really being played at anymore. I think this is as good a time as ever to implement something like this.

Right now, Jailbreak really is just deathmatch. CTs give orders, Ts rebel against them and have shootouts. I don't dislike this nor do I necessarily like it as this point, but calling it a deathmatch seems pretty fair to me. I understand this has worked for us, but I do feel like something could be working better. Looking from the outside in I can understand why people might not like how it is. Simply put, right now it's not fun to be a CT. Despite whether or not you're good at it, you can see by the win ratios that they're constantly losing. Being a good CT that gives entertaining orders on our server isn't particularly easy since it sounds extremely repetitive to say "go here, go there". Oftentimes CTs will just resort to giving freedays, ultimately making them lose even faster by giving free reign to the Ts. On other servers freedays are not given as often and it really is just the Ts walking around, finding guns and shooting the CTs. It actually completely ruins the rush of rebelling while the CTs give orders.

I am not trying to say we should be like other servers and I'm not trying to say we need to make some radical change to become successful but it's something to consider. I know wanting to add forced death-games is an extremely unpopular opinion but I think it's worth discussing. Sorry if it seems like a rant but I'm really just trying to give food for thought. Hope this helps in some way and I'd encourage everyone to post their opinion.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  1423

I think this is definitely something worth looking into. The server seems pretty stale atm. Been playing non-stop for the last week and it's getting pretty boring.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2579

Been advocating for forced deathgames since vietnam.

I grinded jailbreak 3 years ago, when stats were introduced. It really was -and still is- deathmatch. Our server forces Ts to rebel or to run to pool, be in water shallow end, run to soccer, actively play soccer until one of us has enough and kills the entire CT team. Freeday. Freeday no ladder, freeday revoked all Ts go to pool be in the water.

The gameplay is excessively boring and repetitive for me and many others. I loved the Gmod server I played on, with deathgames all the time and LRs for the remaining 3. We had way more fun and laughs playing salty spatoon, hearing hilarious jokes and just generally having fun instead of the "admin he freekilled me" atmosphere we have right now. It wouldn't fix all of this, but it would certainly make the server diversified and rounds fun for once.

I could argue a lot more, like how maps are all made for deathgames and such, how limited our current pool gets when the clones are all on cooldown, etc.

support

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

I agree with Dominic in the fact that forced deathgames will make the game more interesting, but we shouldn't be forcing ALL the t's (only a portion. The whole purpose of Jailbreak as a terrorist is either to rebel, or follow the orders and have fun. The main issue is that most people don't want to play CT, or if they do they won't properly enforce. The dream for Jailbreak is to have strong ct's that enforce, yet have some fun rounds. We already essentially have forced deathgames, when no t's are willing to play the main CT gives very strict orders. This essentially makes it so if the t's slip up slightly in any way they die. This is proven when someone says crouch and freeze as the first order, and then going around nit-picking anyone who's outside their cell or moved an inch (I'm no stranger to that I'm aware I do it too.). Forced deathgames would be a great idea, but if only we had competent CT's willing to enforce (Going back to my constant talks of increasing the CT timer to an hour or two).

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1799

I like the proposed ideas. As others have said and what I'm going to expand on, I've noticed that the server basically has a constant cycle of players. New players come, they play for a long while, some continue to play forever... @Military_king, but then others finally get bored of the same bland game play and move onto other servers like TTT or MG. While I don't agree that a death game should be available to play every round, as I believe it should be used to spice up game play once in a while, but I'd love to see it be tested.

I think the suggested rule set is a great step in the direction since it would still promote our style of JB to be played. Also, it could help us diversify our map pool more, by mixing the maps that are played. I believe it would essentially push more maps centered around deathgames into the pool while also keeping maps like razor, vip, & lego. I believe a change like this could lead our server into a better a greater future.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

I like the proposed ideas. As others have said and what I'm going to expand on, I've noticed that the server basically has a constant cycle of players. New players come, they play for a long while, some continue to play forever... @Military_king, but then others finally get bored of the same bland game play and move onto other servers like TTT or MG. While I don't agree that a death game should be available to play every round, as I believe it should be used to spice up game play once in a while, but I'd love to see it be tested.

I think the suggested rule set is a great step in the direction since it would still promote our style of JB to be played. Also, it could help us diversify our map pool more, by mixing the maps that are played. I believe it would essentially push more maps centered around deathgames into the pool while also keeping maps like razor, vip, & lego. I believe a change like this could lead our server into a better a greater future.

This is definately true, we have a lot of maps in the pool that are rarely played because all they contain really is deathgames. On some maps that are more frequently played aswell, the T's are forced to go to the same locations (Soccer,Pool,Disco,Medic,Iso,Big Cage) and do nothing except rebel because no one wants to play deathgames. This does sometimes create some imaginaiton where they make up some interesting deathgames (Jokes, Favorite foods, first reaction last reaction, Simon Says [Which is toxic asf], etc.). Jailbreak does get repetetive for new players, and that's why a chunk of them usually go on CT side and make up their own rules (later to learn that that's a no no).

As much as I agree with forced deathgames and think it's great, we should still probably ask the community because we've had this discussion before. A lot of low-skilled players play jail-break for some of the CT's relaxedness and the fun deathgames. Even though a lot of regulars would agree to this there'll still be a lot opposed.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  325

Also, prevent made-up death-games could be added.

Kuri made the "wave check" which is totally depending on "do I kill them or not" and doesn't give any chance to anyone to survive to it

[video=youtube_share;sjo-g8Uyt84]

• Like 3

• Content Count:  416

Also, prevent made-up death-games could be added.

Kuri made the "wave check" which is totally depending on "do I kill them or not" and doesn't give any chance to anyone to survive to it

[video=youtube_share;sjo-g8Uyt84]

When I'm on I ask him to stop, he usually just repeats the order every day; sad.

• Content Count:  1403

I support this change. When I played JB actively a few months ago often times I would give the same orders over and over again not necessarily to be a dick but just to keep the Ts from rebelling and it got very boring after a while. Implementing death games would spice things up and overall make the server great again.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.