? servers

? players online

Why is killing people for not id'ing bodies a thing?

• Content Count:  2342

It's such a stupid rule that can be easily abused. On dark maps especially where it's difficult to see into corners, people literally camp unid'd bodies and wait for others to pass by it before killing them. Just now on hoodrat by the train I ID'd one body but didn't see the other in the dark corner and got smacked by someone camping the opposite end who didn't ID the bodies either after killing them...

I understand that ID'ing the bodies lowers the pool of people to allow innos to better deduce who is traitor and who is innocent, but it's rare for all bodies to be found so that innos can start killing others for certain. Vice versa, traitors ID bodies with little to no consequence as the round is over before all bodies have been found.

Thoughts?

edit: Sorry this is in the wrong section, if it could be moved that'd be great

Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  361

It's actually not in the rules, it's in the faq. In the section "How do I know someone's a Traitor?" one of the hints is "If they purposely walk past an unid'd body". Generally, people are told to warn others about unidd, but through misinformation people have begun thinking that it is part of the rules, which it isn't.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

It's actually not in the rules, it's in the faq. In the section "How do I know someone's a Traitor?" one of the hints is "If they purposely walk past an unid'd body". Generally, people are told to warn others about unidd, but through misinformation people have begun thinking that it is part of the rules, which it isn't.

So is it allowed or not allowed to kill people for not id'ing dead bodies?

• Content Count:  361

It is allowed, but as you said it can be abused. Since TTT is a very situational game, a lot of the rules depend on what's going on in a given moment.

edit: Just like with KOSing off sound and rules like that, you need to be 100% certain before pulling the trigger.

• Content Count:  353

I don't see why it is a big deal to you. How do innocents know someone is a Traitor? Only two ways: 1) They start shooting at you/someone else. or 2) They do not id a body.

Traitors are already strong enough as it is. If you don't want to get killed by an Innocent then make sure you id bodies. Camping unided bodies as an Innocent is a strategy that should be utilized. People do need to realize that the lingo is "Walk over/past an unided body" not "Doesnt id an unided body". If someone opens a door and sees an unided body and does not id it, that doenst mean you can kill them. They need to run into the room near the body itself and decide not to id it. Running 40 yards away from an unided body and not iding it is not the same as running 10 yards away. This is left up to the players/admins discretion on how the Innocent treated the situation.

• Like 3
Edited by Ejivis

• Content Count:  189

For me at least, when I see anyone ID'ing multiple innocent bodies in the chat I immediately call a "high sus" on that player to aware other players that person could be a potential traitor. Scenarios where it's a 1v1 traitor vs innocent where the innocent has no proof that the person is the last traitor usually ends with the traitor having such a huge advantage over other and I would say 90%+ of the time the traitor wins. Having the usage of killing off of passing an Unid body gives an innocent just one little opportunity to actually win the round. Honestly it's not such a big deal and being a little careful over bodies on the ground as a traitor should result in no penalty in your game experience imo.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  52

Traitors tend to not id bodies because if they do, that will narrow down the alive people and make it more obvious that the last group alive is mostly traitors. Traitors also do not id bodies because they think that they aren't being watched, and the body may reveal their location. I do agree on dark maps like clue that it is hard to id bodies when the lights are off, but you need to remember, you have a flashlight! XD

If kos for not id'ing was removed, it would be an insane plus for the traitors, to the point where people may even not id bodies anymore. This would disrupt the balance of the game between traitor and detective/inno.

• Content Count:  107

its kinda annoying I was a t and I was running to another ct and somebody said I was running away from id bodies and got killed the second I went pass the unid in the hallway

Reply to Thread