? servers

? players online

Do you have Super Smash Bros: Ultimate?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have Super Smash Bros: Ultimate?

• Yes
    • No

Super Smash Bros Tournament Poll

• Content Count:  2681

Hello everyone,

After doing some experiments on Smash i'm asking how many people play Super Smash Bros: Ultimate. The event was suggested here. I'm hoping we have around 6-14 people who have the game willing to have a 1v1 tournament. I know how to set everything up and now i'm just asking everyone if you have the game or not.

Thanks for the suggestion @Strayyz!

edit: Ignore that I that "Ultimite" in the poll, I know how to spell ultimate D:

• Like 2
Edited by Creten

• Content Count:  2681

I have the game.

What are the rules going to be, besides it being 1v1? Items On or Off and if they're on, will we set them to low or high? Omega stages only or will we play Random Stages with Hazards On?

Items will be off.

Random stages, hazards off.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  133

I will probably choose 5 maps that are good for 1v1s and I post them here.

I have a few to suggest since they are tournament legal in many smash games. Fountain of dreams (Stage hazards on), Battlefield, Dream Land, Final Destination, SmashVille, Pokemon Stadium 1 (Stage Hazards off or on), Yoshi's Story, Lylat Cruise (Stage Hazards off), WarioWare (Stage hazards off, From Project M). Or we could just go random battlefield type XD

• Like 1
Edited by Roxas

• Content Count:  1634

I will probably choose 5 maps that are good for 1v1s and I post them here.

By the way, may I add another suggestion. I was wondering we we can have a competitive stage list?

here are the starters:

Battlefield

Final Destination

Lylat

Pokemon Stadium 2

Smashville

Here are the counter picks:

Dreamland

Yoshi's Story

Warioware Inc

Yoshi's Island

Castle Siege

Town & City

Unova Pokemon League

Hazards off of course.

(Let me explain these, Starters are the stages you veto right off the bat. But once one game passes in the set, the counter picks are opened up to choose. The veto system for the starters are 1-2-1, then when the counter picks open up, the winner of the first game is to only veto 3 out of both the starters and counter picks, and the looser chooses from that. We can decide who picks first from the starters by whoever is on the top part of the bracket.)

My suggestion to the rules would be:

Items off

3 Stocks 7 Minutes

Double-Elimination

Games before semi finals are best of 3, games in semi finals and onward are best of 5. It goes the same for losers bracket.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its an online tournament, I don't think we should have counterpicks.

You are probably right, but I think we would have to increase the starters then. But that would be @Creten's decision

• Like 1
Edited by Strayyz

• Content Count:  133

(Let me explain these, Starters are the stages you veto right off the bat. But once one game passes in the set, the counter picks are opened up to choose. The veto system for the starters are 1-2-1, then when the counter picks open up, the winner of the first game is to only veto 3 out of both the starters and counter picks, and the looser chooses from that. We can decide who picks first from the starters by whoever is on the top part of the bracket.)

Its an online tournament, I don't think we should have counterpicks.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3462

Why not just do all omega if y'all are marking stages for little/no hazards? Also poll should probably ask what peeps prefer over just asking if they have the game. I'd just do normal tourney omega (it turns off items automatically iirc), three stock, best of three perhaps, up to you guys tbh.

Another thing is how do we want to coordinate this? The shitty online battle arena system only has it so we can get a max of 8 people per a lobby. Should we just do matches on our own time or all at once?

Edit: TIL the map selections actually what pros do for ultimate lol guess I'm a tard. Honestly whatever you guys want, it really doesn't matter to me in the end.

• Like 1
Edited by Nuclear Onion

• Content Count:  2187

Yeah, if we're playing an online competitive tournament, I'd leave the rules at 3 stocks, 7 minutes with No Items and Omega Stages only (or Battlefield stages, whichever people prefer.)

Starters and Counterpicks would be beneficial if we actually group up IRL and play on our Switch. I just don't see it happening here.

Also, are we going to choose who will host the lobby based on best connection or are we just going to let a specific person host the Arena?

• Like 1

Reply to Thread