? servers

? players online

1v1 Arena Server

• Content Count:  2206

It's hard to get one started from the ground up. 1v1 doesn't retain players as they're more viewed as warm ups or practice modes. Unless you can consistently fill it up for awhile it will always die similar to retake. Sounds good on paper extremely boring on the day to day

• Content Count:  1799

In my opinion either FFA stays and gets worked on, or they both go. Having one FFA server is genuinely not they way to go. FFA doesn’t really bring players into the community. You know what does? 1v1 or KZ. Servers where players can just go in and relax and talk to some fellow gamers are far superior to servers like FFA. Especially when we only have two FFA servers, it sort of feels like just wasted space.

I’d like to add onto this later when I’m not on my phone. Just putting my opinion out there tho.

I thought this over again and I'm retarded... To be honest I agree with what roux said in that 1v1 server's are already very established and without some sort of backbone in the 1v1 community already, it will probably be less used than our FFA server. There just isn't a reason to enter a market already dominated by other servers. We really aren't a deathmatch community, and the same thing happens over time, everytime we release a dm/pvp server. We just don't have the place in the market, and It's not something that can be easily attained.

• Content Count:  5108

I would be for making this an event or MGT for some time, but looking at the prior attempts to hosting a 1v1 server, it seems we do have a problem in trying to keep players there. Like others have said in some of the previous posts in this thread, I think we'd need to seriously look at ways of implementing our own spices to 1v1 because going about making the server just like anyone else's has not and most likely will not succeed in the long run.

Is anyone on the Events team willing to potentially bring this up in your respective forum section?

@Cept For Her @Herpz @ImHunterIRL @Ned @Ray @ThRza

• Like 5

• Content Count:  2162

I would be for making this an event or MGT for some time, but looking at the prior attempts to hosting a 1v1 server, it seems we do have a problem in trying to keep players there. Like others have said in some of the previous posts in this thread, I think we'd need to seriously look at ways of implementing our own spices to 1v1 because going about making the server just like anyone else's has not and most likely will not succeed in the long run.

Is anyone on the Events team willing to potentially bring this up in your respective forum section?

@Cept For Her @Herpz @ImHunterIRL @Ned @Ray @ThRza

I could probably setup a server and maybe run a tournament (however I dont know how well that would work). It might work as an MGT, but I wouldnt want to make it a full time server unless we can show enough interest in the server to be able to bring regs into it, keep it populated, etc. Will discuss this possibility with other people

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1633

Pretty much agree with what everyone else said. It would be super hard for SG to setup a 1v1 server and try to compete with the established servers. There isn't much you can really "offer" in a 1v1 server to attract players except !ws and !knife, which many already have. 1v1 servers also rarely bring players in and I would imagine the server would be used mainly by people already in the community if it were to happen.

• Content Count:  353

I could probably setup a server and maybe run a tournament (however I dont know how well that would work). It might work as an MGT, but I wouldnt want to make it a full time server unless we can show enough interest in the server to be able to bring regs into it, keep it populated, etc. Will discuss this possibility with other people

Would it not be possible to setup the plugin on the MGT server and give it a trial run? Or at least have it on the MGT server when its not being used? Feel like that server sits there doing nothing most of the time.

Reply to Thread