? servers

? players online

1v1 Arena Server

• Content Count:  353

I dont understand why there is a SG FFA DM server, but not a SG 1v1 Arena server. I understand there used to be a SG 1v1 Arena server in the past and it was removed/replaced, but I feel SG is really missing out on a popular game mode right here. The game mode itself is sought after by many people now more than it used to be in past years. I have to go to other communities to play on their servers instead, and their servers are always populated. Please bring back 1v1 arena on a 32 slot 128 tick server. I really believe it would take off. I know I would be a regular. Maybe even use the monthly community gathering server as a test run or something.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2162

There was one. It didn’t work so it was replaced by bhop if I can remember right.

^^^^

The server itself wasn't getting much attention from any regulars/members of the community and was often not populated from what I can remember. I believe we took 1v1 over FFA DM as the FFA server was getting played on much more often than the 1v1 server, although if there's a high enough demand for 1v1 servers, I could see an argument for switching 1, if not both of the FFA servers over to a 1v1 server.

^^^^

The server itself wasn't getting much attention from any regulars/members of the community and was often not populated from what I can remember. I believe we took 1v1 over FFA DM as the FFA server was getting played on much more often than the 1v1 server, although if there's a high enough demand for 1v1 servers, I could see an argument for switching 1, if not both of the FFA servers over to a 1v1 server.

Yea but how long ago was that?

I didnt even know there are 2 FFA servers. I really think moving one of those to a 1v1 server would be a great play.

• Content Count:  1799

In my opinion either FFA stays and gets worked on, or they both go. Having one FFA server is genuinely not they way to go. FFA doesn’t really bring players into the community. You know what does? 1v1 or KZ. Servers where players can just go in and relax and talk to some fellow gamers are far superior to servers like FFA. Especially when we only have two FFA servers, it sort of feels like just wasted space.

I’d like to add onto this later when I’m not on my phone. Just putting my opinion out there tho.

• Like 1

FFA doesn’t really bring players into the community. You know what does? 1v1 or KZ. Servers where players can just go in and relax and talk to some fellow gamers are far superior to servers like FFA.

I wasnt trying to bash on the FFA people, but I tend to agree. I could care less about playing on FFA the way it is setup now. I really enjoy KZ and I think someone brought that up as well in another thread somewhere last month or earlier this month. KZ and 1v1 are both gamemodes I would enjoy that SG doesnt have.

• Content Count:  536

Yea but how long ago was that?

I didnt even know there are 2 FFA servers. I really think moving one of those to a 1v1 server would be a great play.

The move was about a year ago. Almost no one came on and rarely did the population get more than 5-10 if anyone was on at all.

• Content Count:  2579

I kinda joined SG via the 1v1 server, I guess it was the first/second server I joined.

It died down very fast and never gained in popularity afterwards. Back then, you'd frequently load the server with old admins and regs, but the genre kinda died. When left alone, people wouldn't join at all and that's why it was replaced. I don't think it'd be reasonable to bring it back thinking it would be different without a plan or some concrete change and effort being put into it. If we just replace ffa with the old server we had, it won't lift off and it'll be dead from the start, we'd need to be innovative or proactive with it.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread