? servers

? players online

What headphones do you use?

• Content Count:  535

Steelseries Arctis 5, "legacy" model

wIcE4wn.png

They are very comfortable, adjustable and even customizable. Steelseries received a lot of praise on their "ski goggles" strap design. They sell different straps if you want a more fancy looking one, but you can essentially put on whatever strap you want as long as it's the same width as the original one.

The ear cushions are big, soft and well ventilated, but that also means that this headset doesn't cancel outside noise very well.

I don't mind though. Ventilation>sweaty ears. Steelseries sells additional leather ear cushions for those that would like more noise cancelling.

The sound is clear and highly detailed, but not very bass heavy. It's not exactly a music headset, but you can configure the equalizer however you want, so if you want more bass you are able to achieve that. Volume knob, mic on/off switch and retractable microphone on the left side of the headset.

The microphone is said to be the best one you can get on a gaming oriented headset. It's kind of debatable, but there are plenty of reviews around that backs this up.

You also have a mini-amp that supposedly controls chat volume, but I've personally never got it to work.

The "amp" is too light to stay still on a desk. It's especially annoying as the cable tends to somehow wrap around the left armrest of my chair, and I don't notice until I start jerking the cable. The cable and connection has held up really good considering the amount of times I've basically sent it flying to the ground.

The price has dropped all the way down to around $60-70 recently so I would recommend the Arctis 5 or even the Arctis 3 - which is even cheaper, and basically the same thing but without RGB lighting on the sides - if you're on a budget.

I would rather buy the Arctis Pro Wireless, but that's in a much higher price range. Costs a whoppin' $380. :larry:

tQh2wVg.jpg

• Content Count:  353

You never updated us with which one you think is better :sad:

IMO both were poop for $150 each.

The Game Zeros had poor build quality and barely any bass. It made voices sound almost robotic.

The Custom Games were the opposite. They had a muffled sound due to too much bass.

The both of them had good mics.

I bought the Audio-Technica ATH-WS1100iS (semi closed back) and the Massdrop Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee (open back) and I am very pleased.

Took me a while to settle on these two but they are the best I could find to suit my needs.

• Content Count:  3299

Used to game exclusively on Logitech G35 and afterwords a G933 but I just recently purchased a HD58x Jubilee. From what I've heard its essentially a HD 660S at a quarter of the price. Interested to see what all this audiophile hype is about. Also gonna try a Mod Mic wireless to swap between PC and VR and eventually add a DAC/AMP combo to get the most out of the Jubilee's.

Used to game exclusively on Logitech G35 and afterwords a G933 but I just recently purchased a HD58x Jubilee. From what I've heard its essentially a HD 660S at a quarter of the price. Interested to see what all this audiophile hype is about. Also gonna try a Mod Mic wireless to swap between PC and VR and eventually add a DAC/AMP combo to get the most out of the Jubilee's.

I also got a HD58X Jubilee recently as my first real audiophile headphone. Make sure you have an AMP. Let me know what you think too!

I also got a HD58X Jubilee recently as my first real audiophile headphone. Make sure you have an AMP. Let me know what you think too!

What amp/dac combo you using? I was gonna get the Objective 2 + SDAC or a Mayflower ARC but holy fuck even without one listening to my old headphones compared to the 58x's was night and day. The audiophile hype is real.

What amp/dac combo you using? I was gonna get the Objective 2 + SDAC or a Mayflower ARC but holy fuck even without one listening to my old headphones compared to the 58x's was night and day. The audiophile hype is real.

I use a FIKO EK10.

The Mayflower ARC is an impressive one. I just didnt want to pay that much.

I use a FIKO EK10.

The Mayflower ARC is an impressive one. I just didnt want to pay that much.

How big of a difference did the amp make for your headphones just out of curiosity, I know the 58x is an easy headphone to drive due to their 150 ohm drivers but I'm wondering if it's a noticeable difference sound wise.

Reply to Thread