? servers

? players online

1v1 Tournament

• Content Count:  19

We need to have a 1v1 tournament, for the more skilled players of SG to shine. However, if we wanted to include the less skilled players, we could have different brackets. We can have a, for example, MG1 - Global Elite bracket, and a Silver 1 - Gold Nova 4 bracket. We could live stream the tournament on Twitch, and the players not playing in it could watch their potential opponents battle their way through the bracket. All in all this sounds like a unique and overall successful event. I recommend there being a "Prize Pool" of skins, price depending on what SG would want to put into this event. Maybe 3rd - 1st in each bracket, if we do it this way, gets, in order from 3rd - 1st, $5, $10, $20. This would be a $35/$70 event that can be up to, I recommend, 64 players. How we choose these players is up to SG, but I hope you can consider this event.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  353

I would enjoy this event. We could use the monthly gathering server and setup 1v1 arena on a voted upon map maybe. I like the idea of different brackets, but first we would need to know how many people would be interested.

• Like 1

The 1v1 Arena server post was rejected but there was also support from @Prez and others for a 1v1 Arena MGT

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=86540&page=2

This is still under review, but I would like to bump this considering the support in the previous thread above.

• Like 1
Edited by Ejivis

• Content Count:  115

I'm thinking that it would be beneficial to have a 1v1 game hosted by a single person where they make a lobby and add the individuals participating in the match. The match can then be streamed or watched through CS's own client with the map being one taken from the Workshop.

However, the person hosting it should not be able to participate as they would have client-side advantage when hosting. This would diminish the need for a dedicated server (which I assume is costly time and money-wise), increase fairness, and would be easy to implement into a single event or even turned into a monthly thing.

I'm thinking that it would be beneficial to have a 1v1 game hosted by a single person where they make a lobby and add the individuals participating in the match. The match can then be streamed or watched through CS's own client with the map being one taken from the Workshop.

However, the person hosting it should not be able to participate as they would have client-side advantage when hosting. This would diminish the need for a dedicated server (which I assume is costly time and money-wise), increase fairness, and would be easy to implement into a single event or even turned into a monthly thing.

The MGT server is already being paid for and is dedicated. It is for things like this.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread