? servers

? players online

Prime Accounts Only

• Content Count:  199

I believe that ZE, JB, BHOP, and Surf do not need prime only enabled.

Scrim, FFA, and MG definitely need prime enabled.

TTT may need prime enabled. Im 50/50 on this one.

JB definitely needs something.

• Content Count:  331

Why not just wait a little until this “F2P era” rolls over. I hope that makes sense. Free 2 Play players that buy the game seriously are going to be level 21 if they want to or not by now and F2P has been out for a while. Why not give it another month or two for the players that got F2P to reach level 21+, and then make most, if not all, servers prime only. I’m not talking about only player who play on SG servers by the way. I played the CS for a really long time before I even discovered what the community servers were. I also really have to agree with Ejivis. I think the cons of prime only outweigh the pros.

• Content Count:  2579

Reminder for everyone that enabling that cvar wouldn't "lock" people out of our servers, but rather change it back to how it's been since the CS franchise was released, except that now, it's even easier to get that "paid" player status. You either pay for the game, or you reach level 21 in game to gain prime status, which kinda goes back to what @tides was saying. It's not directly linked to account playtime, but it requires playtime to get level 21.

I think enabling prime on JB, TTT, MG, and Scrim (scrim wouldn't really be necessary, as it is kinda easy to track the few players that play and grief) would be beneficial more than detrimental to our servers. It would definitely have an impact, but then again our servers have performed quite well in the past, before Valve introduced those changes. The effects aren't really measurable but I think it'd be best for us to enable prime on those key servers.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  2579

Now that this has been done, I had to pay 15 necessary dollars. This idea just worsened the community, since many good players were free to play. If you don't want cheaters, get admins.

As the title suggests, many good players cannot play now due to this. I think that going prime only is a dick move considering regular players would be forced to pay 15 dollars just to play TTT, (I just play TTT) So I hope you remove prime only.

You can level up your CSGO profile to 21 to get free prime. Might've been a good idea to do some research beforehand.

Anyways, you had to buy the game in the past to even play CS, I don't see how this is a dick move. Cheaters are a complicated thing to deal with simply with admins, from experience.

Have a lot of fun with your newly acquired prime matchmaking experience!

• Like 3

Reply to Thread