? servers

? players online

Prime Accounts Only

• Content Count:  5674

sv_prime_accounts_only 1

This command should be enabled on most of the servers. ZE is an exception, Bhop and Surf are debatable, should probably be left up to the managers. There are positives and negatives to having it enabled of course.

The obvious reason this should be enabled is to combat ban evaders and cheaters. There's already been a few cases where one person continuously comes back on an alt account and nothing has been done to stop them. There's already been a case where someone is using cheats while ban evading, ultimately completely ruining everyone's time. It's only been a month and a half since F2P came out and this is bound to continue and perhaps even accelerate.

The negative side to having it enabled is the loss of potential population. There's a chance that it could decrease our current population but I don't think this outweighs the positives. Allowing cheaters to continue to flood in will harm to level of enjoyment the servers offer. Admins won't always be on and people won't always make player complaints. This is how it was before obviously, but not enabling the command allows this to happen at a much higher rate.

I think enabling the command is the best path to take. Our servers are doing extremely well, it's not as if we're in desperate need of population. The effect it would have on the population might even be exaggerated. At the very least we should test it out, if it has a significantly bad effect it's easily reversible.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  484

Reasons why I completely disagree that this should be done

1. Loss of a lot of potentially beneficial players. There are so many more players on all the servers because csgo is f2p now. And probably a lot of them will become regs and some may become admins.

2. It’s pretty much an indefinite ban on those who already play on the servers until they get prime. Which means they’ll have to pay $15 or get to level 21 which actually isn’t that easy if you’re new to the game and bad at it. I find this extremely unfair.

3. Admins are admins for a reason. If a person is breaking the rules and coming back on another account with a different up then just ban them until they stop. I can bet that the hacker that kept joining MG through multiple IPs and accounts will be gone in like sweet because it just would get boring. And until they stop admins can just ban them and regs can just report them. These rule breakers are just like any other rule breaker except they come back and they should be dealt with like any other rule breaker, with a ban. (Obviously depending on the rule they broke)

4. It’s honestly better to have 1-2 players that log onto different accounts and different ips that break rules and have a lot of players than have half the amount of players and no rule-breakers that log into another account. At the end of the day, rule breakers are still going to exist. Whether they get on alts with different ips or not.

I think something should be done about it, but this is not a very good solution to this. And I don’t have a clue on how to fix this without making the servers prime-only.

Anyways, the decision isn’t mine but I hope someone can understand what I’m saying and at least consider it. Thank you

• Like 1

• Content Count:  625

Nano, I would like to disagree with you because I think in the case of Free to Play players;

1) There would be a loss of beneficial players, but I think that the amount of newcoming players that would come into the server would be more parasitic to the servers because the chances of them being a beneficial player, in my opinion, is less than 50%

2) Making our servers prime only would in fact mean that the newcomers would have to buy prime, but in that case we can prevent hackers and banned people who get alternate accounts from entering the server

3) Less work for the admins, making it easier for them to concentrate on non-server related things (i.e. Forums)

4) With new players filling up the server spots, I don't think it would be better to have 5 toxic people on or 1 actually chill and non-toxic person on

I dunno, this is my opinion, I think some of the servers should have prime only.

• Content Count:  5674

Reasons why I completely disagree that this should be done

1. Loss of a lot of potentially beneficial players. There are so many more players on all the servers because csgo is f2p now. And probably a lot of them will become regs and some may become admins.

2. It’s pretty much an indefinite ban on those who already play on the servers until they get prime. Which means they’ll have to pay $15 or get to level 21 which actually isn’t that easy if you’re new to the game and bad at it. I find this extremely unfair.

3. Admins are admins for a reason. If a person is breaking the rules and coming back on another account with a different up then just ban them until they stop. I can bet that the hacker that kept joining MG through multiple IPs and accounts will be gone in like sweet because it just would get boring. And until they stop admins can just ban them and regs can just report them.

4. It’s honestly better to have 1-2 players that log onto different accounts and different ips that break rules and have a lot of players than have half the amount of players and no rule-breakers that log into another account.

Anyways, the decision isn’t mine but I hope someone can understand what I’m saying and at least consider it. Thank you

I agree that it's undeniable that there will be a decrease in population. The level of severity is subjective though and you don't really know until you try it. I can sit here and say it will probably barely effect us while you sit there and say we're losing potential admins. Pretty much dependent on what the higher ups think and what they want to prioritize.

Admins can ban them, but that's extremely tedious. If an admin spots someone they think is ban evading they then have to ask an AT+ to check it and if they see someone cheating they then have to give it to an AT+ to check as well. It's lots of unnecessary work for more than one person.

What we want to prioritize, how many people we think cheat/how many people we think don't and what effect it will have is all subjective. One person cheating on the server for just a half hour unsupervised can drive half the population away. Enabling the command could draw in just one or two new F2P players. Not sure if there is stats to back anything up but from where I stand there's no way to determine what effect it will have. I was simply bringing it forth because I've never seen people make this many accounts to ban evade and don't think we should be letting it happen.

Edited by Dominic

• Content Count:  484

Nano, I would like to disagree with you because I think in the case of Free to Play players;

1) There would be a loss of beneficial players, but I think that the amount of newcoming players that would come into the server would be more parasitic to the servers because the chances of them being a beneficial player, in my opinion, is less than 50%

2) Making our servers prime only would in fact mean that the newcomers would have to buy prime, but in that case we can prevent hackers and banned people who get alternate accounts from entering the server

3) Less work for the admins, making it easier for them to concentrate on non-server related things (i.e. Forums)

4) With new players filling up the server spots, I don't think it would be better to have 5 toxic people on or 1 actually chill and non-toxic person on

I dunno, this is my opinion, I think some of the servers should have prime only.

1. having prime does not prevent hackers, it may make hackers less common but hackers still exist in prime. And I think people that are new to the game are nicer than people who’ve played for a long time, this is just my opinion from my personal experience with players that just joined the server vs older players. Also, I disagree with the less than 50% of new players are parasitic since I don’t think it really matters because maybe some of those parasitic players want to buy sub, this can help the server a ton. “Beneficial players” doesn’t only mean that they help the other new players or that they’re nice or something, it just means in some way they help the server. Whether it’s subscribing to the community, contributing on the forums, or just playing on the servers.

2. The only argument against your statement is that hackers still exist in prime, they are less common (especially now) but they are still there.

3. If there is too many people for the admin to handle then the admin can just report it to the higher ups and they can try to get more admins on the servers.

4. There is always going to be toxic people. Prime or non-prime. It doesnt matter. I’ve honestly met more toxic prime players than non-prime players. And having prime doesn’t automatically make you chill or a nice guy. It just means you have played a lot and earned level 21.

Anyways I’m going to sleep. Hopefully in the morning there will be a clearer answer to this problem. Goodnight.

• Content Count:  8754

Yeah this one is really difficult because I don't think we can adequately gauge at this point how it would (potentially) hurt our population for the servers that do have it enabled. I'll encourage everyone to post here so that we can see the general community opinion (or split, as it's ok to be on a side).

• Content Count:  85

As a TTT admin who has had to deal with players evading bans, I strongly believe TTT should be made prime only, because of people like this guy, who made 5 accounts in the span of an hour or two (and most probably more that I was not on to ban), and then came onto our forums to post these on two different forum accounts:

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=86312

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=86314

Immediately after the dangerzone update i noticed an increase in new toxic players, hackers, and mass RDMers (clearly inetnional, not just newbies). Not only have I seen the addition of those negatives, but I havent noticed all that huge of an increase in players online. The server was and still is usually empty when i get on during my school release, and the server usually was and still is full in the afternoon/early nights when I get on.

Edited by Foinker

• Content Count:  361

@Foinker it's not just on TTT, but other servers as well. MG is especially bad with cheaters, scripters and the like. Just the other day i helped @Dong catch a cheater, only for him to get back on later with a few alts that he had lying around. Trolls like Syher and Bannana Boat are only the beginning, and i have a feeling it will only get worse from here.

• Content Count:  1382

Honestly MG would be better with prime only, it enhances the experience with less low-skilled players that are basically backstab-magnets to the bhop0knifers. With prime only, it raises the skill floor and eliminates 90% of cheaters. I am always suspicious if a no namer gets a very suspicious kill, and I'm putting more accusations of VPN or scripts in admin chat then I have ever. I'm probably exaggerating how many people I send in admin chat, maybe one every 5ish maps. For example we had this lune kid that kept on logging on with different IP's or something, but he had to be banned like 4 times. But it would definitely benefit the server in my opinion.

Reply to Thread