? servers

? players online

Surf Bug Reporting

• Content Count:  2694

Map: surf_bbb

Stages 2 and 3 shouldn't be separate stages because you need the speed boost from stage 2 to complete stage 3. As it is right now the checkpoint on stage 3 slows you down to 350 speed and makes it impossible to complete the stage without a fluke.

Map: surf_goldarn

Issue: The bonus does not work correctly. Once you go through the teleporter, you don't carry momentum so you can't complete. I attached a video.

map: surf_ace

When I type !bonus, it just takes me to a pitch black room.

• Stages 2 and 3 on surf_bbb should be fixed now.
  • Removed bonus from surf_goldarn
  • Removed bonus from surf_ace

• Like 2

• Content Count:  418

Date:

6/13/20

Map:

Server wide

Bug/Glitch:

https://imgur.com/a/uxJ8bi8 The "nager" in "AFK Manager" is censored

Also, the percentage of maps complete still does not appear to be working correctly, I believe the problem was that both the .bsp and .nav files were being read instead of only the .bsp files which effectively doubles the number of "maps" on the server

Additional Information:

A few minor suggestions that I'll just put here instead of making a separate post:

When nominating a map, the nomination list seems to go away/time out rather quick, like several seconds, if you don't choose a map or go to the next page, so if it could just stay up for like 10 or 15 seconds before timing out that'd be nice

Some of the phrases that the server says, one of which is in the above photo, are a little odd to me or could be misinterpreted. The one in the photo says "Tired of your boring skins?" which I guess just seems a little rude or insulting? I dunno, just seems weird, like, "Let's not kid ourselves you ain't got any good skins, just do !ws and get yourself a karambit." Might just be me tho

The other is when the server says "Please check out our Discord server (Discord link)" and I guess the problem I have with this one is that it says "please"? Just seems a bit out of place, like we really want you to join our Discord server for some inauthentic reason instead of you wanting to join it for yourself? I dunno man, maybe it's just me

• Like 2

• Content Count:  633

Date:

6/13/20

Map:

Server wide

Bug/Glitch:

I mentioned this the other day in Discord. I don't think there is anything we can do about it except urge people to turn off the new text filtering option. Valve implemented a new feature that censors swear words, and they made sure to cover any possible form of racial slur. Though, they may turn it off by default in a future update.

• Like 1
Edited by Dreamz

I mentioned this the other day in Discord. I don't think there is anything we can do about it except urge people to turn off the new text filtering option. Valve implemented a new feature that censors swear words, and they made sure to cover any possible form of racial slur. Though, they may turn it off by default in a future update.

Ah, you right. I forgot about that. Thought it was something on our end.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2694

Date:

6/13/20

Map:

Server wide

Bug/Glitch:

Also, the percentage of maps complete still does not appear to be working correctly, I believe the problem was that both the .bsp and .nav files were being read instead of only the .bsp files which effectively doubles the number of "maps" on the server

Additional Information:

A few minor suggestions that I'll just put here instead of making a separate post:

When nominating a map, the nomination list seems to go away/time out rather quick, like several seconds, if you don't choose a map or go to the next page, so if it could just stay up for like 10 or 15 seconds before timing out that'd be nice

Some of the phrases that the server says, one of which is in the above photo, are a little odd to me or could be misinterpreted. The one in the photo says "Tired of your boring skins?" which I guess just seems a little rude or insulting? I dunno, just seems weird, like, "Let's not kid ourselves you ain't got any good skins, just do !ws and get yourself a karambit." Might just be me tho

The other is when the server says "Please check out our Discord server (Discord link)" and I guess the problem I have with this one is that it says "please"? Just seems a bit out of place, like we really want you to join our Discord server for some inauthentic reason instead of you wanting to join it for yourself? I dunno man, maybe it's just me

The issue with map percentages is that in the lifetime of the server, there have been around 600 map record entries or whatever the number is. I could fix this by removing database entries for maps that are no longer on the server but if we were to eventually bring those maps back, those entries would be gone. I'll look into it further.

UMC vote menus should be up for 20 seconds but I have noticed that they sometimes disappear much sooner than that. I set it to 30 to see how it will work now.

As for the phrases, they are standard across all of the servers so I will see what I can do in terms of that.

• Like 2

The issue with map percentages is that in the lifetime of the server, there have been around 600 map record entries or whatever the number is. I could fix this by removing database entries for maps that are no longer on the server but if we were to eventually bring those maps back, those entries would be gone. I'll look into it further.

UMC vote menus should be up for 20 seconds but I have noticed that they sometimes disappear much sooner than that. I set it to 30 to see how it will work now.

As for the phrases, they are standard across all of the servers so I will see what I can do in terms of that.

I've given this some thought and if I understand what you're saying correctly, which is that you don't want to remove database entries because it would get rid of the saved times for the map when the map might come back, then I think it would actually be a good idea to remove the map from the database. If a map has to be removed in the first place its probably because it's not working as intended, so if the times that are set on a map that isn't working as intended are kept after the map has been fixed then I think that could lead to some problems such as unbeatable times.

Essentially, times set on a broken map shouldn't be kept if the map is then fixed (unless a broken map always yields a slower time vs a fixed map, but in many cases this would not be true). So an example would be that a start zone extends farther into a map than it should before a fix and then after the fix it is where its intended but gives pre-fix times an edge. Checkpoints not working could allow for someone to take a shorter route than intended which wouldn't be beatable after they are added back in a fix. Boosts often do not work as intended so you'll get a boost that gives twice as much speed as it should (though this is mainly the fault of the boost, not much can be done about it).

Now I'm not familiar with the behind the scenes work and what not so I don't know if it would be a lot more work or more annoying than it needs to be, but I think that a good way to go about adding or removing maps from the database would just be to remove the map from the database if it isn't on the server. This would allow for the percentage complete to be accurate and would remove any possibility of unbeatable holdover times, as mentioned.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  820

Date:

06/06/2020

Map:

surf_bob

Bug/Glitch:

Stage 4 players getting stuck due to reset/entering.

Additional Information:

N/A

Date:

06/13/2020

Map:

Surf_lolrevlis2

Bug/Glitch:

Begining ramp doesn't launch players like it should.

Additional Information:

N/A

both of these are being looked into, thank you for pointing them out.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.