? servers

? players online

Surf Bug Reporting

• Content Count:  1109

This is intended. All recently added maps have unlimited prespeed.

I'm a bit late to this as I've only now seen the post but I'm curious to know what the rationale behind this is. One of the biggest selling points of modern timers is the prespeed limit. Back in Source, our timer was arguably a lot better than what we have now except for the fact that it didn't have one. Every map and stage was prespeeded to hell, and it made the server a really big joke. It's seriously not fun at all to have to spend 10-15 seconds jumping in circles in spawn, and I don't see what problem it could possibly be solving.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  633

@Matty, this was just something we had tried for the new maps as it felt a bit stale to just keep things how they were. I do see the issue with unlimited but I would still be interested in increasing it from 350. I would like to hear your feedback on the change. @Poobah, you can pipe in too. Would you guys like to see it stay at 350 or be increased, and if so, what would you like to increase it to?

Anyone else is welcome to offer feedback, as well.

Edited by Dreamz

• Content Count:  418

@Matty, this was just something we had tried for the new maps as it felt a bit stale to just keep things how they were. I do see the issue with unlimited but I would still be interested in increasing it from 350. I would like to hear your feedback on the change. @Poobah, you can pipe in too. Would you guys like to see it stay at 350 or be increased, and if so, what would you like to increase it to?

Anyone else is welcome to offer feedback, as well.

Yeah I'd have to agree with Matty, at least from a competitive standpoint. If the prespeed is near or above the speed at which you can leave the start zone while prestrafing it lowers the skill ceiling a bit since you can just bhop at the start to get the same effect. So, ideally (or at least my preference would be), the prespeed would be 300 so that someone prestrafing has an advantage since its a skill that has to be learned and incorporated into your play. I think 350 would also work, but definitely no higher than that since the max prestrafe is roughly around 400 or so (only turned on the prestrafe option for a minute, so this could be inaccurate, its probably a little more).

Basically, in a competitive scenario, you'd want prestrafing to have an advantage over bhopping, in my opinion

• Like 2

• Content Count:  633

Date: 1am pst

Map: surf_sylvan

Bug/Glitch: server crashed 3/3 times I tried to change the map to surf_sylvan

Map has been disabled.

Date: 7/27

Map: surf_exile_njv

Bug/Glitch: !tp causes the whole screen to turn black with error written

Will look into this.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

9/4/20

surf_summer

I get missing map error. Console shows map file is too big. I tried putting "-maxdownloadfilesizemb 200" in launch options and making sure there was no broken file in my maps.  Tried redownloading and same issue. I can download it manually from forums and join but may want to check if other people have this issue without having the map pre-downloaded. If it's not just a me issue anyone who doesn't already have this map downloaded won't be able to join the server without manually downloading the map.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  568

3 minutes ago, kabLe said:

9/4/20

surf_summer

I get missing map error. Console shows map file is too big. I tried putting "-maxdownloadfilesizemb 200" in launch options and making sure there was no broken file in my maps.  Tried redownloading and same issue. I can download it manually from forums and join but may want to check if other people have this issue without having the map pre-downloaded. If it's not just a me issue anyone who doesn't already have this map downloaded won't be able to join the server without manually downloading the map.

Had something really similar but I could never get the map to load and I have the bsp file and it won't let me in so everytime it's on I need to wait for it to switch and the monthly contest is over im pretty sure.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.