• Content Count:  4

Map Removal

Full map name

jb_lego_jail_2k17 or jb_lego_jail_v8_final_sg_fix

Type of map

Jailbreak

Why should we remove it

PLEASE JUST HEAR ME OUT!!

These are two very similar maps. I honestly don't see the need for both maps. We need a poll to remove 1 or the other or none. We do not need pretty much the same maps to clog the server map list.

Edited by GenderBender

• Content Count:  5674

Both versions are on the server and both versions are played a ton, so both should stay. This version is the 14th most played map on the server. It's the same thing with having maps similar to razor on the server, they're all played a lot so they should stay.

While they are indeed similar, they have minimal differences. The two razor maps look very different, for example different textures. The newer one is a revamp of the old one. The two lego maps are pretty much the same.

Hmm.. I get your point. I understand that the Razors has the same layounts and secrets. But they have different textures. Even though they are practically the same map, they feel like two different maps. The Legos on the other hand have different layounts, but they do not differ by that much. This is only my opinion. However, wouldn't having two similar maps just clog the server map queue? Would you rather be playing lego twice or perhaps lego and vip in the mix?

• Content Count:  712

Hmm.. I get your point. I understand that the Razors has the same layounts and secrets. But they have different textures. Even though they are practically the same map, they feel like two different maps. The Legos on the other hand have different layounts, but they do not differ by that much. This is only my opinion. However, wouldn't having two similar maps just clog the server map queue? Would you rather be playing lego twice or perhaps lego and vip in the mix?

what if vip is "recently played"? :thinking:

• Content Count:  1799

A big reason we keep these maps that are the same, is mostly due to the server population loving them more than the other maps in rotation. To be honest I don’t think we should focus on changing the maps being played to keep players but instead, change the gameplay enough to where the game feels new and make it less map-dependent. A big issue that we face with at least TTT and JB was the lack of map variety. In my opinion though, the general playerbase much rather play the same few maps over and over again, so long as the game stays organic and fresh, with new plugins and items to give the players the sort of “illusion” that the game is changing.

In short, it’s better to be adding and changing the gameplay in minor ways instead of trying to force new maps down players throats.

Gonna edit this later and revise my ideas.

• Content Count:  625

I think the point is that these maps are becoming overplayed, and that with these 2 very similar maps being played constantly, people get tired of the same maps. On razor and revamp, in the other case, many people enjoy the maps no matter how frequent they are played. In the other case, maybe some people don't like the lego maps as much as the electric maps.

Reply to Thread