? servers

? players online

JB Terrorist Mute

• Content Count:  1583

The current situation with voice comms on JailBreak is atrocious. Even with admins present, the comms are constantly spammed with people shouting freekill and various other nonsensical expressions. While there are rules in place against mic spam, having a server that hosts 50 people is always going to have issues with comms.

I feel that there are various solutions that should be discussed, such as a comm limit restricting the number of players that can talk at one time, however I feel that there is a more immediate and less controversial solution that can be put in place for the time being.

Having a command to mute the T team (on the receiving end, similar to how !ma works) would allow Ts to have an easier time listening for orders. This would also prevent Ts from accidentally following T orders, and allow CTs to more easily enforce orders made by fellow CTs. I really can't see any substantial downsides to implementing this, and I don't think it would be that hard to do. Feel free to let me know what you think, or suggest any better solutions to the problem at hand.

• Like 3
Edited by Exk

• Content Count:  5674

Yeah, I agree.

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83490

Off-Mic Plugin

Currently a big issue with T-side micspam.

- Allows CT's to mute Ts for 6 seconds.

- Can only be used twice every round.

- Abuse or any griefing entails very, very harsh bans.

- Can only be used by people with 1 day on the server from the time it's added.

- Certain regulars able to be whitelisted to command, admins+ can use without the time.

Something to work off of or straight up follow.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  272

I would really appreciate a plugin like this. It's hard for me to even play JB anymore with more than 20 people on because my ears get destroyed by all the people calling false freekills on CTs. Also, I can't hear orders because people are screaming then people complain about dying for not following orders because they were yelling in their mic and not listening to orders. It's a loop that never ends.

• Content Count:  3740

There’s a comms limit plugin on the test server right now for testing. I also like the idea of a plugin that can allow Ts to mute other Ts, so that could also be a solution that we can start working on.

• Content Count:  2162

There’s a comms limit plugin on the test server right now for testing. I also like the idea of a plugin that can allow Ts to mute other Ts, so that could also be a solution that we can start working on.

By Ts muting other Ts, did you mean CTs, !sm where it mutes to them only, or them being able to mute the person to everybody on the server

Reply to Thread