? servers

? players online

Promotions!

• Content Count:  8754

Hi everyone,

We have some exciting promotions to announce to you all today. Before that, I wanted to take the time to mention Delirium's work during his time on the board and in other ranks. Delirium, your effect on the staff and team did not go unnoticed - you have been the driving force over the last few months for our activity as well as getting things in line. Many projects and changes that have been pushed forward would not have been handled with such rigor if you had not been a part of the team. From myself personally as well as the rest of the board, thank you for all that you've done on the team and for Steam-Gamers.

As a token of my gratitude, I'm very happy to be able to present delirium with the Presidential Award!

presidential_award.png

This designation is awarded, by either the current President or Vice President, to those who are deserving of special commendation for something they've done at Steam-Gamers to further the community. Congratulations deli, and thank you!

Now, onto the promotions!

Joining the staff once again, on the Media Team, is Clamor! He has a long history on the staff, culminating in his tenure as AM this past year. As a member of the media team, his responsibilities will be as follows:

• Manage forum and community website themes and layouts
  • Manage all forum and community images (awards, rankbars, etc)
  • Manage forum design sections (signature/avatar requests, etc)
  • Work with Marketing team to manage branding and community logos/external advertising
  • Work with Game Divisions to keep in-game branding and design (map textures for SG) up to date and relevant
  • Work with Marketing team to manage social media accounts (Youtube, Twitch, etc)

(also roux is back on the team, grts m8)

And lastly, we have another special promotion. Since a spot has opened up on the board, we have decided to fill it with one of our long-serving, trusted admins. This person has been on the team for a while and has served in various roles, helping to solidify our staffing and bring our servers to where they need to be. Please join me in congratulating Gator on his promotion to the Board of Directors! His responsibilities will be:

• Support/build/fix servers
  • Approve admin applications
  • Set up new Admin and Subscriber access
  • Issue admin warnings/punishments
  • Keep the community updated of any changes
  • Final say in all admin disputes
  • Plan for growth (website/servers)
  • Support forum/plugins/logos
  • Review and implement community suggestions
  • Promote/demote server admins
  • Handle admin complaints
  • Handle disputes among fellow admins