? servers

? players online

[TTT] Call Detective

• Content Count:  461

So I came up with this while I was playing on the server today and noticed that there wasn't a call detective function. I think that it would be a nice addition to the server. Basically when you ID a body, you can press a button and it will call a detective to it.

I was thinking that it would function as the last button in the list when you ID the body, and when it is pressed all the detectives are alerted that they have been called to a body in chat and a blue radar donut pops up on their screen.

Thoughts on this?

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1633

I like this idea a lot. Not sure how easily it could be implemented but I’d be down to have it on the server.

My only concern is people spamming it and overwhelming detectives. There should be a limit to how many bodies you can do this to or a cool down time between calls.

• Content Count:  461

I like this idea a lot. Not sure how easily it could be implemented but I’d be down to have it on the server.

My only concern is people spamming it and overwhelming detectives. There should be a limit to how many bodies you can do this to or a cool down time between calls.

I was thinking it could work like in Gmod: The donut only sits around the most recently called body. I'm not really sure what there could be done to stop everyone from calling a detective to a bunch of different bodies. I think that a timer between calls would be nice like how radar takes a short time to show new donuts, just restricted to everybody on the server. A message like, "A detective has too recently been called, try again later," would be nice.

• Content Count:  1633

I was thinking it could work like in Gmod: The donut only sits around the most recently called body. I'm not really sure what there could be done to stop everyone from calling a detective to a bunch of different bodies. I think that a timer between calls would be nice like how radar takes a short time to show new donuts, just restricted to everybody on the server. A message like, "A detective has too recently been called, try again later," would be nice.

Yeah, that would work. Anything to make it effective in what it's supposed to do and not allow people to screw with it.

• Content Count:  74

I think I would dislike this as a basic option, maybe a store option?

It seems possibly disruptive and wouldn't it prove who is inno unless both T's and Inno's have access?

Which would be dangerous considering a T can lure out a detective. I think it changes the game too much.

Also, detectives rarely have any responsibilities to be searching for dead bodies, as this server

does NOT have a DNA Scanner.

• Like 1
Edited by tiny quail

• Content Count:  430

I think I would dislike this as a basic option, maybe a store option?

It seems possibly disruptive and wouldn't it prove who is inno unless both T's and Inno's have access?

Which would be dangerous considering a T can lure out a detective. I think it changes the game too much.

Also, detectives rarely have any responsibilities to be searching for dead bodies, as this server

does NOT have a DNA Scanner.

There is in fact a DNA system for Detectives.

In case you're not familiar with it, when a Detective IDs a dead body and the killer is still alive, in about 30 seconds, a red ring will pop up around the killer.

Any experienced player can agree that searching for and IDing bodies is in a Detective's best interest as DNA is one of the main functions of a Detective that separates it from an innocent and often can change the tide of the round.

This sounds like a solid idea because of the strategy aspect it may add - a T can use it to lure a Detective out, but the D must take notice of that and play to outsmart them. It can help Detectives get DNA on bodies, presenting them a possible advantage but also can be used in a T's favor.

I don't really see any downsides or negative effects on gameplay if this were implemented as long as it's not spammable and made/implemented correctly. It seems like a great idea that'll add more strategy and thinking to the game.

• Like 1
Edited by Toasty

• Content Count:  74

Some players told me it was broken- maybe it's the 30 second wait. OOF

It's also rarely used.

There is in fact a DNA system for Detectives.

In case you're not familiar with it, when a Detective IDs a dead body and the killer is still alive, in about 30 seconds, a red ring will pop up around the killer.

Any experienced player can agree that searching for and IDing bodies is in a Detective's best interest as DNA is one of the main functions of a Detective that separates it from an innocent and often can change the tide of the round.

This sounds like a solid idea because of the strategy aspect it may add - a T can use it to lure a Detective out, but the D must take notice of that and play to outsmart them. It can help Detectives get DNA on bodies, presenting them a possible advantage but also can be used in a T's favor.

I don't really see any downsides or negative effects on gameplay if this were implemented as long as it's not spammable and made/implemented correctly. It seems like a great idea that'll add more strategy and thinking to the game.

• Content Count:  1987

Some players told me it was broken- maybe it's the 30 second wait. OOF

It's also rarely used.

The dna system isn't broken. It's a matter of when they id the body and if the person killed them is still alive. An update to the dna system we already have is the the red ring is mobile because there's been many times where a detective has kill the wrong person because they were under the red ring but the ring was there because the T or whoever killed the person was previously there.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread