? servers

? players online

President in Terrorist Town

• Content Count:  1633

Obviously TTT has been lacking events because it is the hardest server to create an event on. A lot of event ideas don't work because it ruins the fundamentals of the gamemode. I've been trying to come up with ideas for events for a while now in order to hopefully get an event to happen sometime because it would really be cool to have a TTT event in the near future. This idea is just a rough idea of a possible event, has many flaws, and probably needs some revisions to actually happen. I'm putting it out here now so a) I can see if anyone has ideas to make the event more feasible and b) hopefully motivate others to start brainstorming other TTT ideas.

Also, the basic event idea was taken from the "Protect the President" event that Jailbreak held multiple times. I just focused on trying to make some changes to help it accommodate the complicated TTT gamemode. Creds to whoever came up with that idea.

Anyways, onto the event...

President in Terrorist Town!

Objective: The President is making a stop in Terrorist Town! The main objective of TTT remains the same (traitors kill innocents/detectives, innocent/detectives survive or kill traitors); however, there is an additional goal of protecting/killing the President. All innocents and detectives must work together to keep the President alive for the entirety of the round by fighting off the traitors. The additional goal of the traitors is to kill the President.

How it would work: One detective is selected to be the President. Their name is announced in the chat once the round starts.

[TTT] Kieran has been selected as the PRESIDENT

Their color would still be blue so they don't stick out too much, however they do have the tag "PRESIDENT" instead of "DETECTIVE".

The President will have the following features:

- 300 health (this can be adjusted as needed, just it has to be enough so he isn't easily killed)

- Kevlar and helmet

- Free medi-shot (could be multiple)

- All other Detective perks (access to the menu, M4A1-S off of spawn, etc.)

The round would continue until either side won like normal TTT. One important difference that I made to the gamemode is that if the President dies, the round still goes on. If I didn't make it like this, then a) it wouldn't really be TTT anymore, b) it would be really short rounds, and c) players could easily troll. Jailbreak is different because it isn't as easy to get the resources to kill the President, but on TTT almost everyone has a weapon by round start. The whole event is more of a "secondary goal" but still interesting and fun enough so players would focus on the President.

If the President survives until the innocents/detectives win, then all innocents/detectives get a bonus reward.

If the President is killed by a traitor, then all traitors get a bonus reward.

I'm still not sure what the reward would be. It could be a karma bonus (more realistic), it could be points (less realistic), or it could just be bragging rights. I think there has to be some form of incentive that would motivate players to participate and take the event seriously, so if anyone has ideas for this please suggest it.

There should obviously be a point multiplier or something like that to get more players on during the event.

SIDE NOTE: Gold knife would have to be disabled for this event. It would be too overpowered to have a one shot weapon that is practically a guaranteed kill if you know how to click a mouse. However, the AWP is totally fair game if you can hit the headshot.

Reasons this event could work/be fun

1. You are still playing TTT. The fundamentals of the game are still the same with two sides trying to eliminate each other. Although the President is new, he really is just a buffed up detective who doesn't complicate the game too much. If the President dies, you just continue with normal TTT.

2. Players would have to work together. Traitors could plot out attacks in terrorist chat to kill the President. Innocents and detectives would have to convey information about where the President is located and potential threats.

3. There are very interesting strategies traitors could try to use in order to kill the President. You could try and do some coordinated attacks to catch the Presidents and his protectors off guard from multiple positions. You could stay back with an AWP and try to snipe him down (possibly hit the lucky headshot). You could even go behind enemy lines and try to blow him up with a jihad.

Potential problems with the event

1. Troll players

Obviously, one of the biggest concerns is troll players will intentionally try to ruin the event by running up and shooting the President as an innocent/detective.

Potential Solution: Having a lot of admins online to handle trolls accordingly. This would likely already be the case because TTT events are so rare that a lot of admins would probably show for the occasion. I'd certainly do my best to come if this event were to become a reality.

2. Too unbalanced

I doubt this event would be perfectly balanced how it is and it might be a very unfair gamemode for either side.

Potential Solution: Giving/taking away features of the President, or removing additional factors in the game. I put the Detective at 300 HP so very few weapons could kill him in one shot. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate amount of health to keep him at, so if you feel like there is another number more appropriate for him let me know. You could also take away stuff from the traitors (like AWPs) if the traitors have too much of an advantage.

3. Might be too complicated to implement

This event has a lot of demands (creating a new "role" with additional features, removing some features in the game, adding some, etc.) that might require too much effort to be done. I also don't have a potential solution for this one. This side of the game is not my expertise so I am unsure if this could even happen or if it would be too complicated.

4. The FBI might hunt me down

I'm technically "suggesting" to kill the President with snipers and jihads. The FBI is probably on my ass already.

Potential Solution: I flee to Mexico.

------------------------

Anyways, feel free to leave suggestions and criticisms. This isn't a flawless idea and definitely would need changes before it could be added. I also encourage everyone to try and brainstorm some other TTT ideas and hopefully a few can actually happen in the near future.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  430

Seems like a fun mode and I'd like to make a few comments.

1] The El Presidente's health would probabably need to be at least 500 because a Traitor can simply stand near the president until his jihad is up, quickly jump to the president, and kill him. Also, (let's use the desperados map for reference)a traitor could easily go up to the top of the map and calmly snipe the president until he dies. It would only take 2 body shots and let's not forget that there are multiple T's that would make it pretty easy to snipe the president.

2] There would definitely be people that try to ruin the fun and rdm the president as a detective or inno. And as you said, that can easily be countered with several admins.

3] A different type of thing that might be possible is to make it more of a boss fight. The president gets around 1000 health (could be adjusted) and the T's can spawn with 2 credits each. The traitors can still kill the innos and detectives and vice versa but the catch is that if the boss (president) dies, the traitors win. The traitors would have to focus on killing the boss This might need balancing and I'm not even sure if this is possible but that's just another idea building off of @Kieran .

• Like 1

Seems like a fun mode and I'd like to make a few comments.

1] The El Presidente's health would probabably need to be at least 500 because a Traitor can simply stand near the president until his jihad is up, quickly jump to the president, and kill him. Also, (let's use the desperados map for reference)a traitor could easily go up to the top of the map and calmly snipe the president until he dies. It would only take 2 body shots and let's not forget that there are multiple T's that would make it pretty easy to snipe the president.

Ehhh, I mean jihads take a while to activate so it isn't like the President would die instantly to one. Also, a lot of the time jihads are countered with ease so this wouldn't be too much of an issue. Also, chances are the President would be put into cover to hide and try and survive. If not, there would be a lot of people around him and might be hard to get a clear shot.

2] There would definitely be people that try to ruin the fun and rdm the president as a detective or inno. And as you said, that can easily be countered with several admins.

Yes.

3] A different type of thing that might be possible is to make it more of a boss fight. The president gets around 1000 health (could be adjusted) and the T's can spawn with 2 credits each. The traitors can still kill the innos and detectives and vice versa but the catch is that if the boss (president) dies, the traitors win. The traitors would have to focus on killing the boss This might need balancing and I'm not even sure if this is possible but that's just another idea building off of @Kieran .

Nah, that would be completely killing the idea of TTT. I tried to keep it as close as possible to the gamemode while also making it something new and refreshing. The TTT AT's emphasized that they aren't trying to completely change the gamemode.

Pretty sure the TTT AT's don't want any events that have to do with roles. It takes way to long to code and won't be worth it for just one event.

That's what I figured. Maybe if this event was held occasionally (not just a one time thing) it might be worth it to see if you can get a bunch of players on. I just think something needs to happen to try to spice up TTT every once in a while. Maybe not, you're an ex-AM and probably know more about that stuff than me lol.

If AT's really don't want to add a role I understand. I put it out there cause it was worth a shot. I felt like they were more concerned with how it would ruin the gamemode so I tried to work around around that. If they ever decide to change their mind and think it might be worth the coding one day at least the idea is out there.

• Like 1
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  1266

Sounds like a good idea in concept, but I hate to burst your bubble @Kieran.

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85610&page=2&p=969195#post969195 @Im Sad already said no new roles for events.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Sad is stoopid.

Nah, if he said so; Id trust his judgement on this one

• Like 1

I did read the posts by the ATs before I made this.

This wouldn’t add the chaos they were talking about because it is just a buffed up detective (no new roles with new objectives)

I don’t know much about coding so I threw it out there. I didn’t know how easy it was just to buff up a detective a bit because jailbreak did it with a guard.

• Content Count:  85

Sounds like a good idea in concept, but I hate to burst your bubble @Kieran.

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85610&page=2&p=969195#post969195 @Im Sad already said no new roles for events.

That's what I figured. Maybe if this event was held occasionally (not just a one time thing) it might be worth it to see if you can get a bunch of players on.

As Kieran said, TTT is very difficult to come up with events for. I haven't seen an event idea for TTT that sounds as good as this one does. Obviously it is going to need some adjusting with things to balance the event out, but I think it would be a great event. I think Kieran makes a strong point that this event could be something that was more occasionally played rather than a one time event. It is saddening that TTT rarely gets events other than Karma contests. This would be an extremely fun event for the TTT server, and although it does include adding a new role, I think it is worth the effort. Using Kieran's idea of hosting this event occasionally makes the effort worthwhile, because it would allow for many more TTT events down the road. I strongly believe the higher ups should look into trying to make this happen, it would be an outstanding event.

• Content Count:  1671

I'm not trying to come off being rude or mean to anyone here, but we've said multiple times in the past about how hard it can be to code new types roles and many new things into TTT. Idk about Gator, but I do not know a single bit of information on how to edit coding for plugins, espeically seeing how complex TTT can be from a person who has no background information on coding. The idea is fine, but the coding takes time and dedication to get it to work. Yes it can cause disturbences and gameplay flow amoungst the people who usually play the game, but to put a smile onto someone's face, this shall be discussed.

• Like 7

Reply to Thread