? servers

? players online

[ZE] Increasing the power of the HE grenades.

• Content Count:  554

I was thinking if we could increase the time of zombies being slowed down when throwing HE grenades. Nades are very crucial in ZE during situations when we are falling back from a hold or defending a huge area, but on our server nades are weak. We have nades that last about 4 seconds, medium knockback, and partially slows down the zombies. Most other servers have much more powerful HE grenades that have at least 7 seconds of burn time, and fully slows down the zombies (not much knockback on nades). I’ve been thinking about this for couple months, so I decided to bring it up.

GFL: around 6 seconds of burning zombies (Fully slows down the zombies)

PSE: around 5 seconds of burning zombies (Huge slowness of zombies)

RSS: around 7 1/2 seconds of burning (Fully slows down the zombies)

These are some of the best servers that are out there in ZE. Some other servers have extreme knockback with nades, which we want to try keep away from. Extreme knockback can cause griefing and trolling with nades.

I recommend adding +2 seconds of burn time, and increasing the slowness of the zombies hit by the HE grenades.

If you have any feedback or criticism, feel free to post down below.

Edit: Couple regulars have also been arguing about the knockback of the HE grenades being too high. If we are changing the zombie slowing time from nades, in addition we can reduce a little knockback from the nades

• Like 2
Edited by MidNight_Ace
Edit: Adding

• Content Count:  1028

Well the difference is that I’m pretty sure you only get 1 nade on other servers but 2 on SG (correct me if I’m wrong)

Also nades are OP already as is so personally I don’t feel like they need a change. If anything, maybe a bit more knockback would be beneficial.

• Like 2

Well the difference is that I’m pretty sure you only get 1 nade on other servers but 2 on SG (correct me if I’m wrong)

Also nades are OP already as is so personally I don’t feel like they need a change. If anything, maybe a bit more knockback would be beneficial.

# of nades on every server.

GFL: 2 nades

RSS: 2 nades

PSE: 2 nades

Zeddy: 2 nades 2 molotovs

sG: 3-4 nades/molotovs

Mapeadores: 2 nades 2 molotovs

SG: 2 nades

Net4All: 2 nades

Also, through all my experiences playing on every ZE servers, our nades are the weakest out of all other ZE servers. We should stay away from increasing the knockback because it is harder to control. If a human throws a nade behind the zombies chasing you, the zombies will boost them forward. Since our nades do not slow down our zombies much on our server, it will be very easy for the zombies to knife you from behind. In that case nades will not be beneficial.

if we increase the slow time of nades, the excitement of finishing the level will decrease (in my opinion)

But if we increase the nades to 3, that might work......or i just made things bad for my claim....

I like where your going with the excitement of winning maps, but the maps we play are usually the beginning or easy level maps of ZE. Yes it is exciting to beat lvl 5 on pirates, yes it is exciting to win wanderers v4, but they are both maps that don’t require much defense. The good usage of items can definitely get us to win these maps easily.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  95

I was thinking if we could increase the time of zombies being slowed down when throwing HE grenades. Nades are very crucial in ZE during situations when we are falling back from a hold or defending a huge area, but on our server nades are weak. We have nades that last about 4 seconds, medium knockback, and partially slows down the zombies. Most other servers have much more powerful HE grenades that have at least 7 seconds of burn time, and fully slows down the zombies (not much knockback on nades). I’ve been thinking about this for couple months, so I decided to bring it up.

I recommend adding +2 seconds of burn time, and increasing the slowness of the zombies hit by the HE grenades.

I too, feel that this should implemented or at least tested. Zombies aren't held for long by nades and it usually kills some defenders that are slow or unable to bhop.

The kb for nades could also be tied down a bit, as long as it stops the zombies mid bhop or jumping it should be fine, because the current nades will send zombies flying if there are at least 2+ nades thrown at them.

• Content Count:  2162

Personally I dont see much of an issue with nades right now. A well-timed and aimed nade can slow down the zombies for a decent amount of time, and are better used in a strategical manner.

Id be down to increase the nade slowdown by maybe 1-2 seconds maximum, and adjust the knockback to be a bit more, because I do know our server lacks in knockback quite a bit compared to other servers. Im also not too sure where you would change these values so im going to @Agent Wesker on that one

• Like 1

It’s cool to have our own style of nades, but our nades already have much more knockback than most servers except sG and Mapeadores. Nades are very useful in ZE, but not when they just knockback the zombies and burns the zombie for a short time. Either adding more time on the burning effect as you said, or strengthening the slowness will make it somewhat more useful for us. Most of the “tryhard” servers have nades with 6+ seconds and much more slowness effect.

Edited by MidNight_Ace

Nades are perfectly working. Knockback is perfect, zombie slowdown time is good. We can rely more on our nades when falling back, and zombies get the amount of slowness they need.

Also congrats today on...

Legit win:

5-2; Wanderers V4

Ultimate Stage Won (Stage 5)

Legit win:

6-3; Gris

RTV level 1 Won

RTV level 2 Won

Keep it up!

• Like 1

Reply to Thread