? servers

? players online

n word while singing

• Content Count:  325

was wondering if we are singing along with the bot then theres the n word in it, are we allowed to say it? Also, I can already see people abusing of it playing the n word using the bot

Edit: on discord

Edited by Noctember

• Content Count:  5674

It'd probably make sense to allow the n word in songs, it's clearly not intended to be racist and lots of really popular songs use it. Singing along on the other hand sounds like it'd just be used as an excuse to say the n word. If you're singing along, even if people ever do that, just skip over it when it says the n word. No reason to say it.

Decent argument to be made for allowing it in songs, no real argument for singing along.

Also in response to your second post, stuff like that is easily avoidable by just grabbing a YouTube link as opposed to typing the song name. Really comes down to how lenient the higher ups want to be, but that seems like it'd also just be an excuse to type the n word.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  8754

It'd probably make sense to allow the n word in songs, it's clearly not intended to be racist and lots of really popular songs use it. Singing along on the other hand sounds like it'd just be used as an excuse to say the n word. If you're singing along, even if people ever do that, just skip over it when it says the n word. No reason to say it.

Decent argument to be made for allowing it in songs, no real argument for singing along.

this. Not sure what the rest of the team thinks but dom's got my thoughts here

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2238

this. Not sure what the rest of the team thinks but dom's got my thoughts here

Just to throw two more cents in, I'd honestly think common sense would probably dictate Dom's thoughts as hitting the nail on the head

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2668

I have been told by @WillofCamelot that there is a n word rule exception on surf where you can say it if you are freestyling or singing. Wouldn't this apply to TS and discord because people rap/freestyle or whatever on those platforms?

No. This is specific to surf in order to be competitive to the top servers.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2238

No. This is specific to surf in order to be competitive to the top servers.

How does that logic follow? If we're making an exception on one server to be "competitive" to the top servers, why wouldn't we then use that logic with the same excuse on the others? o.O

Reply to Thread