? servers

? players online

The current state of the server and development

• Content Count:  5674

This can act as a to do list of sorts, but having heard so many people's opinions on the current direction of the server I thought it'd be best to just get the ball rolling on discussion that has gone stale and sort of compile it into one big discussion as opposed to bumping 4 or 5 different threads. Different things have been promised in different threads and it's getting a bit hard to keep track of.

First Order - The plugin needed further development in terms of its rules and regulations after we released it but hasn't gotten much attention since then. To throw some ideas out, one person probably shouldn't be able to take !fo 3+ rounds in a row. I can see the argument that if they're doing good we should leave it alone, but I think it'd be best to restrict it somehow. People who take it over and over oftentimes give similar orders and it'd be best to keep it fresh with a new person using it. If someone wasn't doing good with it and an admin wasn't on, it'd also be somewhat self-sustaining in a sense because it would eventually restrict them.

There should also be some limitations on the user's power. Not that it's fleshed out in any way, but my general opinion is that despite the fact that CTs can revoke it, giving freedays with !fo is detrimental to the success of the CT team. In some way, shape, or form it should be restricted so people can't take it and give impulsive freedays when they've spent most of the time talking about other subjects. I'm not saying they should never be able to give freedays nor am I saying this happens so often that the game is unplayable but I am saying that it usually ruins the round for the CT side when a freeday is given off the bat.

Hidearms - This isn't a big subject, but the command was added back and hasn't been fully functional since then. I'm not sure if this is an issue exclusive to Jailbreak but I don't personally believe running a broken plugin is worth it. Some guy came on the forums just recently and was confused on how it worked. Not sure if everyone is of the same opinion but it's just mine and perhaps if fixes aren't working it should just be retired.

Last Requests - This thread was made by @Ray and brings up some pretty valid points as to why the number of the Ts to start an LR should be increased. This is probably worth the effort and I think it's a good idea. Also, the changes we had planned for the LR plugin in this thread should be pushed through unless someone sees some obvious flaw with them. I'm aware of Wawa making some edits to the plugin but just wanted to point it all out.

Off-Mic Plugin - Pretty much this, from this thread too. Something like this should be fleshed out and worked on, especially considering the current state of the server with mic spammers. In this post by WavY it was said that something of the sort was being worked on, not sure how that's going though.

Off-Mic Plugin

Currently a big issue with T-side micspam.

- Allows CT's to mute Ts for 6 seconds.

- Can only be used twice every round.

- Abuse or any griefing entails very, very harsh bans.

- Can only be used by people with 1 day on the server from the time it's added.

- Certain regulars able to be whitelisted to command, admins+ can use without the time.

Jailbreak Tutorial Video - Just to reference this thread real quick, this isn't really relevant to the development of the server whatsoever but it's a JB related suggestion. A progress update would be nice.

CT Bans - Not that I've been gone for a crazy amount of time, but solely going based off other people's complaints about the server at the moment, implementing CT bans at a time like this would probably be very beneficial. Retaining players while also preventing them from fucking up is pretty much the entire reason why this is a good idea.

CT Restriction Time - Again looking at the current state of the server, I think it might be time to slightly increase the restriction time for playing CT. I believe it's currently 25 minutes. It seems as though it may not being working to it's full potential. I felt that at the time it was implemented it seemed to be doing a good job, but it seems like things are really out of control at this point. Increasing it by 20 or so minutes doesn't seem like a bad thing to try out. I'm not advocating for people going around fucking with their server on the basis that it can be reversed, but this is something that I think would be worth at least trying. @TheZZL has suggested this a few times, so I'm sort of bringing this up on his behalf.

Days Plugin - Boredom because of repetitiveness is probably one of the main things that will make players leave. The rounds in-game are usually unique in their own way, but it is essentially just following orders, rebelling and getting killed. Some special rounds won't only retain players but will also keep players on waiting for the next one if they're predictable. Also from our JB Revamp 2.0 thread, but brought over with some explanation.

I think rolling some updates out will make regulars feel as though the server is moving in a positive direction and keep them around. Not that I don't appreciate everyone's input, but I think @All Ts probably has some good input both for and against some of these ideas.

Hope this helps both discussion and progress move along. :usa2:

• Like 12

• Content Count:  536

I have to agree with everything you’ve said here. However I think that the time for players to be a CT should be longer than just 20-25 minutes. Personally I would set it at 2 hours so that they get a general sense of orders and what the server is about. There are plenty of players who can already be CT so I don’t think that it will negatively affect the amount of CTs. The only problem I foresee it potentially at night refs or people without 2 hours will be stuck on T and can’t actually play the game. On top of that I would make it so that people have to join the SG JB group if we have one, which I’m assuming we do, this way they can get more involved in the community potentially. If this is implemented, whoever manages said group should list the main and generally most important rules for the server.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

I have to agree with everything you’ve said here. However I think that the time for players to be a CT should be longer than just 20-25 minutes. Personally I would set it at 2 hours so that they get a general sense of orders and what the server is about. There are plenty of players who can already be CT so I don’t think that it will negatively affect the amount of CTs. The only problem I foresee it potentially at night refs or people without 2 hours will be stuck on T and can’t actually play the game. On top of that I would make it so that people have to join the SG JB group if we have one, which I’m assuming we do, this way they can get more involved in the community potentially. If this is implemented, whoever manages said group should list the main and generally most important rules for the server.

Raising the CT-Timer to two hours is something done on other servers and seems to work out, but I seriously doubt it would affect players if they got "bored". New players typically join during peak hours, and if one does join during the AM they'll know that it's not their peak hour. I also don't agree with forcing someone to join the SG Jailbreak to group to become a CT because some people like to just expierence a server before committing to it.

Dominic everything you said in this thread was absoloutely perfect for JailBreaks needs, maybe even some new maps or maps we don't have.

For your idea of Last Requests I do think it should be increased to the amount of terrorists that need to be alive, but maybe also having it as a proportion or ratio so it's not 3 ct's alive and 7 Lr'ing.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  416

A plugin could possibly be implemented where if there are less than x amount of players then the CT restriction plugin would be turned off.

• Content Count:  5674

A plugin could possibly be implemented where if there are less than x amount of players then the CT restriction plugin would be turned off.

That's already how it is. We foresaw possible problems regarding no one having the requirements if there weren't many people on. I believe it's 20 players that it activates at currently.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2162

Not a manager for the server, but personally it would make sense to up the required playtime for the server. Have heard a few people saying that the CTs mostly just give freedays and whatnot and don't know much of what theyre doing. Just going off what Ive heard as I havent played JB in a while. Could be worth increasing it to 40minutes or even an hour.

After that Id say main priority would be working on the Micspaming issue via a plugin of some sort as its always annoying to have to talk over that one person who doesn't get off mic then you have to search them down to shoot them. CT Bans are probably up there on the list of things to get done if its still possible to do as thats a big help for JB population-wise and it allows the more fun CTs to play their part more often imo.

Just my two cents on what should be worked on next to fix the server issues before making it more fun. Might not be a bad idea to throw an event in there though. Ill see if I cant bug @Wawa and @WavY to get stuff done ASAP or try to help them out with anything they need help with

• Like 2

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.