? servers

? players online

Jailbreak Team Collision

• Content Count:  51

So while I have been playing jailbreak and ever since they have changed jailbreak to not having team collision it has caused a lot of bad things to continue to occur. I think that team collision should be fully turned back on so that T's will not be able to stack in each other and get free killed or get cross fired by a CT that is trying to shoot a T (A terrorist shooting the CT with a gun while being in a stack) which causes a lot of chaos and free killing. I think that this could be all prevented if it is turned back on.

• Content Count:  272

This would be good if people didn't troll and block eachother from entering small doorways like in most isolations.

I agree with what nesquik said. While adding team collision seems like a good idea, I feel like a lot of Ts will troll and block people. This could cause people to get warning shot on the notion they are delaying when in reality they are being blocked. Another problem that I feel might happen is since there are so many players on JB, it could cause problems with some orders that are normally given to them, such as "All Ts bum rush isolation". There could be other problems that could happen that I'm not thinking about, or maybe I'm thinking about it too hard, but I don't think adding team collision back would be as good an idea as it may be at first glance.

• Content Count:  614

So while I have been playing jailbreak and ever since they have changed jailbreak to not having team collision it has caused a lot of bad things to continue to occur. I think that team collision should be fully turned back on so that T's will not be able to stack in each other and get free killed or get cross fired by a CT that is trying to shoot a T (A terrorist shooting the CT with a gun while being in a stack) which causes a lot of chaos and free killing. I think that this could be all prevented if it is turned back on.

"All Ts unstack"

If the Ts do not wish to unstack, there is a rule regarding crossfire

• Content Count:  1799

Back when it was first put in, when the server was run by @Dominic and @All Ts, it was quickly found out that the Pros of having Noblock truly do outweigh the Cons, even if the Cons seem to appear more often than the Pros. I think If we did switch back to not having NoBlock, you and everyone else would be able to quickly see the difference, and it's only really that because we have it enabled that you see the cons, because as opposed to being blocked everywhere you go and having rounds delayed for longer than it needs to be and other issues, now the issue is that there is crossfire being involved and allegations of a "Freekill" happening everytime a T get's a gun around the other T buddies.

There was a Feedback thread made a while back once this was added. Although it didn't get much traffic and lacks true feedback I think some sort of justification can be said in favor of NoBlock that nothing bad was really said at the time. Why though? Since it was a recent change people got to better see the difference in gameplay Noblock made. Honestly, I think the addition of NoBlock enabled the gameplay to change in a way that was better for everyone, since there wouldn't be times where it takes a minute and a half to get into iso, and it allows for smoother movement to be had.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

Not only is everything said by @Manny true, but the blame usually falls on the Ts anyways. More often than not, the Ts have intentionally stacked in the T with the gun, assuming that the CTs won't shoot a stack, and they will be able to pick up the gun if the CT does end up killing the one currently holding it. Disappointed that they got shot, they whine freekill. There is almost always more than enough leeway in orders that would allow you to purposely distance yourself from a T with a gun, in which case you could actually make the case of freekill and not crossfire.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  15

Collision off is a good thing, not only does it provide less trolling, but it makes orders more simple, stack here and there, all t's bombrush to the first step of climb, you have to put games into perspective and certain maps. If you have a full server of 30 t's on spyvspy and a CT says, goto the first step of climb don't be in pool. Or in VIP... all t's bombrush big cage be on boxes with that many t's it causes confusion, all t's bombrush to bottom of main cell stairs. Simple orders will very much have more issues and would cause more chaos, contradiction, etc. Collision off is good in my personal opinion.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3740

We are currently not considering the possibility of turning team collision back on. This is something we could revisit in the future, but there are other potential changes/enhancements we are prioritizing right now.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Reply to Thread