Nano
    HTML Certified

Faceit Scrim Hub Comments

So, today I joined the faceit scrim hub and noticed something immediately that I didn't really like about the application. You can't spectate games, if you can then idk how. That's just one little comment about it but I'll probably keep mentioning little bits and random things I may not like or I like about it. One thing I do like though is the fact that faceit has an application, so one can actually see without having to go on the forums and clicking on the servers and stuff. One bad thing about the application is that it's an extra application I have open, and yes, I know I can use the website but having a web browser open with CS:GO can be laggy for some players. Another problem I just encountered, for some players (for example: me) you need to have the faceit anti-cheat application open to play and this is also another thing you have to have open. TBH I think it's a great idea to have a faceit hub but it also has some cons. Having the hub is also good because you can actually chat and stuff with other people in the hub. Plus, the faceit anti-cheat is like 100x better than VAC so it can easily like detect a cheater. All in all, I think the hub is better than just having a server but for some players, it can be worse and they may not like it.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk, see you guys on the servers! <3

Wall-Nut
    SG Professional
    You can spectate matches through Matches > Ongoing > click on the match you want to watch.

Once you get into a game, you can close the application/web browser and nothing will happen; you won't get kicked out of the game or anything.

The anticheat is really weird, some people say they can't queue without it while others don't need it at all and the hub is set so that anticheat isn't necessary. Weird stuff

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wall-Nut For This Useful Post:
    Manny (01-09-2019), Nano (01-10-2019)

delirium
    Dazed and Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Nut View Post
    the hub is set so that anticheat isn't necessary.
    y tho

Wall-Nut
    SG Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    y tho
    Causes fps issues for some people.

delirium
    Dazed and Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Nut View Post
    Causes fps issues for some people.
    but why should we not have it turned on? fps issue for a small percentage of people is more important than an extra layer of security against cheaters in a competitive environment?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:
    Nano (01-10-2019)

Nano
    HTML Certified
    but why should we not have it turned on? fps issue for a small percentage of people is more important than an extra layer of security against cheaters in a competitive environment?
    My fps doesn’t get affected but like honestly it’s probably more annoying to have a constant drop in FPS because of having the anti-cheat open than having a hacker that may not even be caught by an admin unless it’s obvious that the player is cheating.

The anti-cheat probably won’t really ban too many people tbh cause I don’t really think anyone that plays scrim hacks. But then again Enderspine was cheating so idk.

Wall-Nut
    SG Professional
    People also report the AC causing crashes as well, not just fps issues. To be perfectly honest, I'm not too concerned with cheating because I find this community to be trustworthy enough that the detriment to the handful of people who have AC problems outweighs the benefit of the AC security. Demos of every game played in the hub can be downloaded by anyone, so if we suspect there's a cheater then we will 100% have evidence to make a verdict. My 2c

Then again, I have no authority in the matter so if people want AC to be forced then I won't protest.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wall-Nut For This Useful Post:
    Nano (01-10-2019), Rhyzhe (01-10-2019), tides (01-10-2019)