Labarr
    Hodor

Sourceban web interface not showing my bans

I banned 4 players on MG today. However they do not appear in the sourcebans web interface

Gumline
    SG Professional
    Are you sure that you banned them ?

Labarr
    Hodor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumline View Post
    Are you sure that you banned them ?
    Hey yeah I remember using the admin menu to ban. Witha msg in chat saying they were banned. Thx for looking out

Ray
    Senior Administrator
    Is your account still linked with the sourcebans (don't know if this is how that works but I'm trying to help here )

Nishok
    * Hai *
    Do you still have the SteamIDs by any chance?

Not sure what went wrong, maybe for some reason SB lost connection to the database or something.
    Do you have the timestamp when this occurred, so I can check the logs?

Labarr
    Hodor
    01-07-2019 09:19 PM was my shiutbox message letting everyone know it was taking care of.. it was right after I banned the last person. So somewhere between 9:10 and 9:18PM est on 1/7/19 should do it.. 4 bans total

Gentoo
    Server Administrator
    I'm no expert on this, but I did some poking on AlliedModders and may have found something.

Seeing as you were able to ban them in game, for whatever reason, the SourceBans plugin failed to connect to the SourceBans database at the time. Why don't you come try to ban me on TTT today and we'll see if everything is still Gucci :P

Liam Brown
    pls
    @Labarr It didn't add the bans to the database because you had two SourceBans accounts (Labarr & Labarr_test) with the same steam id, which caused the insert query to fail. When a ban fails SB adds it to a local backup, so your bans are still there.

I've deleted the test account so it should automatically add the backed up bans to the database when the server restarts in the morning.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Liam Brown For This Useful Post:
    Labarr (01-09-2019)

Labarr
    Hodor
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Brown View Post
    @Labarr It didn't add the bans to the database because you had two SourceBans accounts (Labarr & Labarr_test) with the same steam id, which caused the insert query to fail. When a ban fails SB adds it to a local backup, so your bans are still there.

I've deleted the test account so it should automatically add the backed up bans to the database when the server restarts in the morning.

Thanks Liam, they however are not in the web interface still granted they were only banned for a day, but I'm not sure if this will count towards them if they get banned again - the only reason I am following up