? servers

? players online

CT Play Timer

• Content Count:  3294

I've brought this up before as a suggestion and it got no attention and was disregarded, but we need to increase the timer on being able to play CT. Other servers have it at two hours and seem to never have any problem with their CT's. However, with us, we seem to have a lot of new people going on CT and freekilling (obviously not knowing the rules well enough). I'll probably bring this up at the next meeting again but I seriously think raising the timer would help significantly.

Would anyone like to voice their opinion on increasing the time it takes to be able to play CT?

I don't think there needs to be any opinions voices, for anyone who has played Jailbreak for over ten minutes you know the CT's are not very well organized. The timer HAS to be increased so that we can ensure the people who are enforcing and have the "power" know what they are doing.

@Wawa @Takuto @Military_king

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  697

The amount of time we have know is fine when i was playing on an alt it took an adequate amount of time before I was able to play CT. For anyone who wants to play CT side they have to wait a while but it is a good enough time so they can learn the ropes, if they had to wait 2 hours they would probably leave which would turn away potential regs. Even if we were to extend the time limit it wouldn't affect the amount of free killers it might dieter some but for most they wouldn't mind waiting to play CT and break the rules. This doesn't seem like it would fix the problem at hand just have them wait 2 hours before doing what they were gonna do either way especially with the potential down fall this shouldn't be implemented.

Edited by Lokibelowkey

• Content Count:  3740

How long does it take for anyone who joins CTs to know what they are doing? If 25 minutes isn't long enough for someone to get a feel for our rules (because taking a glance at them when they literally pop up at you after server connect isn't enough), then what is? We need to find a balance so we don't turn people away because of the CT lockout, so these questions are important.

The amount of time we have know is fine when i was playing on an alt it took an adequate amount of time before I was able to play CT. For anyone who wants to play CT side they have to wait a while but it is a good enough time so they can learn the ropes, if they had to wait 2 hours they would probably leave which would turn away potential regs. Even if we were to extend the time limit it wouldn't affect the amount of free killers it might dieter some but for most they wouldn't mind waiting to play CT and break the rules. This doesn't seem like it would fix the problem at hand just have them wait 2 hours before doing what they were gonna do either way especially with the potential down fall this shouldn't be implemented.

Every time i long on I see at least 3-4 people (at peak times) playing CT side yet not knowing the rules. Typically it takes A LOT of coaxing and positive bullshit to get them to understand the rules (and to inherently switch). Yes there are *sometimes* admins online, but during late night it's a frenzy. Unless the person leaves they'll be frekilling the whole night. However, this isn't the only time, lots of time's during off-peak days we'll get someone who comes on, plays T for the required amount of time, then freekills on CT per usual. Once they've satisfied their disgusting ego they just log off. The main issue with someone like this is that because they are new, whatever gaming expierence they've just ruined for 10+ people they'll get a minor punishment because they are new.

How long does it take for anyone who joins CTs to know what they are doing? If 25 minutes isn't long enough for someone to get a feel for our rules (because taking a glance at them when they literally pop up at you after server connect isn't enough), then what is? We need to find a balance so we don't turn people away because of the CT lockout, so these questions are important.

I doubt that a lot of people would leave because they've not been able to play CT. Yes i've seen people get tired of T side, but this is when they're regulars who know everything and just wanna go enforce or direct a deathgame for a little bit. With the right welcoming players a new player should never get bored on T side considering all the secrets and ways to kill CT's there are (and maps). The best solution to your question would be to temporarily change the CT timer and get the reactions from the new players, but a lot of new players don't join the forums or commit to a community server. I'd say to just raise it to an hour (Our common ground). This should genuinely work considering when playing video games with a friends/communities time passes fast.

• Content Count:  1799

If you're going to be addressing the people that constantly conflict and other comm type disturbances on CT-Side then I don't really see any change in the CT side lockout being helpful. When I'm on it's usually people that have approx more than 1 hour logged onto the servers. I can't see increasing the CT lockout to anything more than an hour being possible if we want to retain new players. A minor increase to maybe 30 minutes could help or possibly making it 45-50 minutes could potentially work out, but again, I have seen both new players and regulars both conflicting orders and/or just generally "throwing" every round for the CT-side. Possibly we could test out pushing it to an hour but I personally believe that there would be no visible change.

Honestly, the way I see CT lockout is that it's a good way to deter some people who just want to come on and just generally grief, but it's something that really should be just sort of "left aside" because it's only a minor roadblock for someone that wants to do some damage on the server. It's one of those things that is a great addition to the server and helps shape the atmosphere but it's not something that should be looked at as our "saving grace." We'll never be able to ensure that all or even most of the players on CT are the brightest bunch but I believe there are better solutions that deserve more attention, that may be already be a work in progress. There will probably be a very small minority that will be drafted away from pourposely trying to break rules on JB, and even if it's a small minority it's still fulfilling it's purpose. Other than that, I don't expect a change to anything within the hour range to effectively show any impact on the server.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

Oh hell no. If you haven't noticed, our server is T sided, and I mean like 90% T wins 9% Draws and 1% CT wins. We desperately need CT players, and I feel that our current timer is more than enough for someone actively trying to learn the rules to be a decent CT. I think Manny's right here. Every once in a while we'll get some griefer or spinbotter that will wipe the Ts for no more than a map, but it's not going to really be changed by just adding a map or two to the times it takes for them to get on CT.

A little off topic, but I do want to address the issue of us lacking CTs. Many, if not most of our admins prefer T, which is fine. However, when CT gets really hard, most players switch to T because they're tired of getting shit on and want free rebel points. This shifts the ratio as far as 5:30. Now I can't say that admins should feel that they have to play CT when this happens, but when the server is going to shit, and the reason you applied was "to make the servers better", you should at the very least be asking players if they want to switch. Maybe nobody else has an issue with this because they like when T gets easy, but I personally think it ruins the meta and makes JB extremely stale. Something has to be done about how incredibly T sided our server is, so at the very least we should be maintaining a decent ratio with admins present.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  449

In my opinion, the CT Timer is not the issue we need to solve. The bigger problem is the conflicting orders that occur when there is alot of people on CT side. We are currently working on solutions to this issue. In regards to the rule breakers that join the server, if they are going to wait 25 minutes to just mass freekill 10 people then they have too much free time in their life, so I think that they would probably wait an hour if they really wanted to freekill that much. I dont think that an increase to something like an hour would provide more pros then it would cons, seeing as it would greatly reduce the number of people who would join to play ct while only eliminating the people who join, freekill, then leave (which our 25 minutes lockout already does). The only reason why I became a member of this community was because regulars like Liablestone helped me understand the rules and what I did wrong after I freekilled a T when I first joined the server and went on CT side. I think that we should honestly keep the timer the same and fix the other issues that are plaguing the ct side.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.