? servers

? players online

CT Play Timer

• Content Count:  697

Every time i long on I see at least 3-4 people (at peak times) playing CT side yet not knowing the rules. Typically it takes A LOT of coaxing and positive bullshit to get them to understand the rules (and to inherently switch). Yes there are *sometimes* admins online, but during late night it's a frenzy. Unless the person leaves they'll be frekilling the whole night. However, this isn't the only time, lots of time's during off-peak days we'll get someone who comes on, plays T for the required amount of time, then freekills on CT per usual. Once they've satisfied their disgusting ego they just log off. The main issue with someone like this is that because they are new, whatever gaming expierence they've just ruined for 10+ people they'll get a minor punishment because they are new.

I agree that this is a problem but what you are suggesting wouldn't fix the problem, they would just have to wait longer and if the player count is low enough the 2 hours wait wouldn't even apply. I am saying that if they are going to break the rules they are going to do it regardless of the wait time whether it is 25 minutes or 2 hours and we could turn away some players because of how long they have to wait before playing their preferred side. I feel like you didn't actually read what I said and ignored all of my points because you didn't counter anything I said just gave more of your original arguments.

• Content Count:  3294

imagine posting a thread that's basically an emotional response to what's going on on the server and then saying there doesn't need to be any discussion about a rule change.

Totally painting a good picture for your future admin application @TheZZL. keep up the good work bud! :thumb:

Imagine leaving a sarcastic comment on a thread where we discuss real issues on one of our servers. But seriously, the whole reason I @'d a whole bunch of people was too see their opinions and try and get some sort of discussions starting. This thread was ignored for a month up until Dominic was asking for opinions on it. I personally care about JB and like Gentoo said, I'd like to see some real people get on CT and enforce. It's already hard enough to enforce as a CT without having everyone hate you, but when the ratio is about 5T's per 1 CT it's even worse.

• Content Count:  3294

I agree that this is a problem but what you are suggesting wouldn't fix the problem, they would just have to wait longer and if the player count is low enough the 2 hours wait wouldn't even apply. I am saying that if they are going to break the rules they are going to do it regardless of the wait time whether it is 25 minutes or 2 hours and we could turn away some players because of how long they have to wait before playing their preferred side. I feel like you didn't actually read what I said and ignored all of my points because you didn't counter anything I said just gave more of your original arguments.

Your main points were about how new people would get bored on T side, and that freekillers are always going to be an issue. The point I was trying to make (Which may have not come off properly) was that there will always be something to do so you don't get bored. Yes some people won't care about secrets or attempting to ace the CT side, but as long as you have a nice pod of welcoming enthusiastic regulars to greet these people they won't care about CT side. And to address the frequent freekillers that this wouldn't affect, that's what we have player complaints for. What I was trying to address is that new players are never really bound to get a real punishment (because they're new), but someone who has been on the server enough and goes for a mass freekill will just get reported. Someone who comes and freekills, it takes about ten minutes and there's a player complaint for @Manny to swipe off on.

Thanks again Manny for watching my shitty long player complaints

• Content Count:  820

I think this can go bad both ways. As Gentoo said the game is T sided, but then again increasing the timer will decrease the number of free killers on the CT side. With CSGO being f2p now, more people are coming to the game and the server. This also means that freekillers can just get on another account and freekill again after being banned.

• Content Count:  2162

Id say increasing it from its 25 minutes now, to somewhere around 45-60 minutes would be a good option. Even 2 hours might be a good option

If you think about this in a logical sort of way, you can figure out that a map (especially electric razer) lasts probably about 40-60 minutes on the server until it MUST be changed. Going based off this, it really depends on if you think the players should play 1 whole map cycle, half a map cycle, or 2 whole map cycles before they "should" understand the FUNDAMENTALS of playing CT/Guard.

Personally I would go somewhere around 80 minutes of total connection time, leaving about two maps of playing T side before the person is allowed to play on CT. While this may restrict newer players for a bit, it will also show them what CTs are supposed to be doing, and T side isnt that bad to play when you're forced to. Getting the bad CTs off is probably a different discussion of re-implementing CT Bans, but Im not gonna throw this off topic, just wanted to mention it.

As for a specific value, id say anywhere from 40-80 minutes should do you well in deterring repeat-freekillers and also giving the player enough time to not only read the !rules pop-up on connection (as wawa mantioned), but also see how the server functions and how the CTs act on that side.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.