? servers

? players online

Warden for JB

• Content Count:  1920

With the Warden plugin comes in rules/rulechanges like:

Will every CT be allowed to KOS/Pardon

Will there be a new way to implement fun days like warday, hide n seek.

Another idea can be a CT Swap every 5 rounds if there is a queue (or 3 rounds)

The command T's are given after Warden is killed

We also have to realize killing Warden is a great challenge for Ts which is really what the game is missing - it pauses the CTs motives

Will there be an option to take over warden once warden dies, or will warden no longer exist (Since it's a roleplay game) and will we continue as a group of CTs giving a command

- All CTs always has and always should be able to KOS and "pardon" (even though literally no one honours the pardons). If only one person could call KOS, it would lead to openings for even more Ts to rebel. It's also kind of unspoken at this point if Ts do certain things, they are KOS.

- We've discussed the possibilities of special days in the past, and usually, it gets shot down. Here is an example. We HAVE done events involving special days. Same with wardens-- the idea of implementing a warden has been discussed many times and the furthest we've gotten towards one is !fo.

- I don't see a point of forced CT swapping when most people switch on their own and admins will forcefully move the most recent one to unbalance ratio, or the server will press people to fix ratio.

-----------------------------------

- I know I said earlier I wouldn't mind changing to test out a warden system just to see how the change would impact the server, but I'm more indifferent than anything. I've seen the same system that's attracted players for years on end. I don't really care for a warden system, but if it seems to benefit the server, there's nothing wrong with the change.

• Like 1
Edited by Phoenix_

• Content Count:  74

@Phoenix_

These aren't my ideas that I'm for. I just put random stuff together which would matter to the gameplay

I agree, Warden can't be the only one KOS'ing but It something that needs to be clear IF Warden plugin is implemented

• Like 1
Edited by tiny quail

• Content Count:  74

I don't think this is the best idea because like other people said it could be just the same warden every round to the point where the other ct's aren't having as much fun and they might just leave. Also this could make lots of the ct's switch to T making the server all messed up. Adding on this could make people stack ct because all they want to do is abuse warden and be the only person giving orders. So overall I think this is a horrible idea, and my opinion is everybody should be able to give orders because that's what makes a lot of players like this server because it's different/unique.

• Content Count:  169

yea I definitely agree, a lot of hectic chaos can be caused by one CT who thinks it's funny to bring the T's away from all the Cts. happens all the time

• Content Count:  256

Honestly I believe that this would be an unhealthy addition to JB. We already have the FO system which allows for a ct to give orders without anyone yelling in the background. As Thump has stated, JB is heavily T sided. As more and more CT's get killed the less mic spam there is. As of right now I dont think we should implement a Warden.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  824

Like someone earlier stated, one of the reasons the sg jailbreak server is popular is because we DONT have a warden system. This helps to bring people who are not interested in having a warden and makes us somewhere to go for people who want something new.

• Content Count:  3294

I think this would be a good idea with the implementation of ct ranks. With this, the players who are the best CT's (through the rank's systems perspective) will get to become a warden for the round. I agree, wardens should only be available when there are 30+ players online. I also disagree with some statements players said like," A ct can't keep track of all things happening". This is not true, a GOOD CT is able to single-handedly win the round for their team.

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1920

- All CTs always has and always should be able to KOS and "pardon" (even though literally no one honours the pardons). If only one person could call KOS, it would lead to openings for even more Ts to rebel. It's also kind of unspoken at this point if Ts do certain things, they are KOS.

- We've discussed the possibilities of special days in the past, and usually, it gets shot down. Here is an example. We HAVE done events involving special days. Same with wardens-- the idea of implementing a warden has been discussed many times and the furthest we've gotten towards one is !fo.

- I don't see a point of forced CT swapping when most people switch on their own and admins will forcefully move the most recent one to unbalance ratio, or the server will press people to fix ratio.

-----------------------------------

- I know I said earlier I wouldn't mind changing to test out a warden system just to see how the change would impact the server, but I'm more indifferent than anything. I've seen the same system that's attracted players for years on end. I don't really care for a warden system, but if it seems to benefit the server, there's nothing wrong with the change.

As per @Strayyz mentioning this thread is still open to discussion, I'm going to bring this back up to stir some discussion. My stance remains pretty similar but stronger for implementing a warden system, but ONLY when there are more than 30/35 people on. When the player amount is high, things can get pretty messy when it comes to CTs talking over each other. I think this would have both benefits and drawbacks for the server. I hope this can stir some discussion and hopefully those who didn't get a word in before can now.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  820

I haven't come to a decision on where I stand regarding this topic yet but I'll throw out a few things.

On one hand, our JB server is unique in that someone who's able to play CT is able to give orders and thus determine where the round goes. On the other hand, we often get CTs fighting over which of many orders should be the one Ts follow.

I'm not for it if the community's not for it...

Reply to Thread