? servers

? players online

Warden for JB

• Content Count:  3294

I don't think there is a way to restrict a !w bind considering its as easy as "bind key 'say !w'" I think putting a limit on something like this is definitely a necessity, but I also see the problem that a lot of CTs don't talk. During the not peak times there aren't that many CTs on that talk. Especially in the morning when I'm on there aren't a lot of CTs with mics only a couple that give all the orders and the ones without mics are usually hiding and end up just giving FD after all the ones with mics die. Also, I liked this server cause there aren't wardens. It makes it more fun having more people able to control the Ts than just one person. Adding something like a limit on the amount of CTs that can talk at one time would be a better fix for the conflicting orders and other problems that the CT team has. It might not completely fix the problem since its usually only a couple CTs conflicting, but atleast all the other CTs won't be screaming into their mics while they're arguing over the order and then telling the Ts to be off mic when they're not the ones mic spamming.

Given with the problems we have with CT's conflicting and arguing with each other I wouldn't be completely opposed to a warden plugin. As many people have said, only ONE person would be giving orders but that wouldn't be entirely the case. On a lot of servers some wardens give the other ct's the round sometimes, but then will step in when necessary. I also love the idea of having an application for warden, so only trusted regulars are using it properly. If no one is online who is capable to be warden, then it's regular CT's rule per usual. If there are multiple CT's online with warden then I don't know what exactly would happen there but we could figure it out. Before implementing this we should probably have a community meeting so we can get everyone to participate and voice their opinions because this would be a drastic change.

• Content Count:  331

I actually really like this idea. Thing that would definitely NEED to be implemented would be 1. Not being able to take warden for more than 2 rounds in a row (like !fo) and 2. Only certain, well known and well knowledged members would be able to apply for warden permissions. Only those people can take !w. If the original warden dies it would go on to the next person with warden permissions. Not only would implementing something like this help when there are more than 30+ people on the server but it would also bring people closer to the community. A new player will play till he learns the rules, join CT, see that he can’t be warden, try to find out how to be warden. This’ll result in the making of new forum accounts and more minds from new regs on the forums.

• Content Count:  713

I would disagree on the warden permissions because the new people that do come to our server play on ct, I do on the other hand agree that a person cannot take !fo for more than 2+ rounds. From this post it would be useful for the new players to learn the rules first than be given a shot as warden. Some people take !fo for like 7 rounds in a row and it would be nice giving other people a chance at giving orders.

Warden would be very useful when the server is full and would cause less chaos when the CT's are conflicting each other. This would make JB more playable and less cancer than it is.

Don't forget to vote as well.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1952

I feel like a warden would undermine the whole playerbase of Jailbreak. Since Steam gamers jb is like old man jb. A lot of things are from it's roots and I really appreciate that. If a warden was implemented, I would desire tweaks and changes that would make warden not abusive and be able to work with even if the midst of chaos. Other than that, I feel like it could work.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

Although a good idea, I do not think the warden system will result in a better playing experience for either CTs or Ts. For starters, while Ts have more clarity in that there is a far lower chance of conflicting orders, there is also a much higher risk of orders being repeated over and over until it becomes the regular "one step out, face the back and freeze", as well as "bum rush big cage be on boxes". Allowing multiple CTs to give orders provides far more variety than allowing one person to control orders for 5 minutes straight.

Furthermore, take a look at the following quote.

There would need to be a system, whether it's game-time, application, or points, that determines who can be a warden because if a random got warden, chaos could ensue. So, with a few changes and tweaks, a warden system could possibly be a good idea.

This is a common problem with the warden system; players who don't know how to play JB even after 25 minutes on T side have the opportunity to hog the warden system for 5 minutes without knowing what they are doing. There is no good solution to this. Setting another arbitrary condition for players to meet before they can be warden only negatively impacts a new player's experience on JB.

Overall, while the system we have in place is not perfect, it's been working somewhat well. I believe the warden system, while good in theory, will not work well if implemented on our servers with our current ruleset.

EDIT: Consider the previous me playing devil's advocate. After some more thought, we definitely need the warden system LMAO. Far too many times has it been the norm for someone to give orders, and 10 seconds later another CT gives a different order. This has mainly been the case when there are 30+ players online, so perhaps warden can only be used when some player count is reached?

Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  2206

I think a warden plugin with the right restrictions could do well but I can only see it useful when there's like 30+ ppl in the server. Personally things only get chaotic and a bit out of hand for me when CTs start hitting the 14-15 player mark. I'm not saying that it never gets chaotic when there are less but I feel it only gets to the point that a warden plugin would be worth it once they get to those numbers. I realize this is a bit odd but that's my opinion and I feel with the right tweaks and good planning could be executed well. The warden plugin has never been my favorite thing but I can objectively see where it has its advantages but I can also see the disadvantages and like noxstar said I like the more old school no warden approach that SG has always had. Though I will admit before the warden plugin maps were also a lot simpler. Maybe it's time for a change but I have faith that the JB team will do what is best for the server.

• Like 1
Edited by Fuze

• Content Count:  590

Definitely believe this should be added but this should only be available to GOOD CT EXPERIENCED PLAYERS. I think a very long play time on CT should be added before players can access warden because this is a very delicate thing that can be added.

Reply to Thread