? servers

? players online

Warden for JB

• Content Count:  15

Plan : add a warden plugin to the jailbreak server this would

1. Give one person all power over T's

2. Have a Warden Menu - Close Open Cells, Beacon (ect)

3. Make the Warden Blue so commands like "follow me" are easy

4. Power could still be exchanged from !retire, or DEATH

Advantages

1. Give one person all power over T's.

2. Stop confusing orders like "free day revoked" from someone who did not give the free day.

3. Give the T's one central target.

4. Stop T orders.

5. Stop Conflicting orders.

6. Stop Armoury camping ex. warden says "all CT's Watch soccer vent" - we would need new rules talking about how the Warden can direct CT's but that would be nice

Disadvantages

1. Only one CT would have a say.

2. !fo hogging would be for the whole round and not just the First Order

3. People *might get power hungry as warden and freekill more

4. People *might give out more targeted commands ex. "Chaddd KOS" when the warden was just annoyed by Chaddd

5. Would make SG like every other JB server

In Conclusion i think this would be a welcome change from both CT and T players. it would allow more intricate days of thought out activities that are not trampled by someone yelling freeday it would be more fun for T's because if they killed the warden it would devolve into chaos - seeing as people that aren't warden can't give orders

Who is to say we can't try it out for a month or a week and see how people react, because just cause its the same plugin doesn't mean its always played the same like SG's addition of Not Forcing death games would take more skill as a warden to achieve LR

I don't really know i just play CT a lot and my frustrations arise most often when a CT is not in complete control over his team or the orders.

Thanks

-Blu

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

Warden would be pretty useful but also very abuseable. I think there should be some ways of restricting it such as only allowing it with over 12+ players on, and maybe restricting it to certain people. Maybe players with over 6 hours time on the server or having people apply on the forums for warden permissions?

• Like 4

• Content Count:  356

I think we should actually add warden but I would like to see a rule that says that you cant be warden 2 rounds in a row.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  430

I think it could be implemented very smoothly and the only 2 main issues I can see are: 1. People would hog it. 2. One person determines how the whole round plays out.

Imo it would eliminate some common but game-changing issues we're battling with atm such as conflicting orders and overall confusion. There would need to be a system, whether it's game-time, application, or points, that determines who can be a warden because if a random got warden, chaos could ensue. So, with a few changes and tweaks, a warden system could possibly be a good idea.

• Content Count:  272

Putting a limit on how many times in a row you can be warden would help along with restricting !w binds.

I don't think there is a way to restrict a !w bind considering its as easy as "bind key 'say !w'" I think putting a limit on something like this is definitely a necessity, but I also see the problem that a lot of CTs don't talk. During the not peak times there aren't that many CTs on that talk. Especially in the morning when I'm on there aren't a lot of CTs with mics only a couple that give all the orders and the ones without mics are usually hiding and end up just giving FD after all the ones with mics die. Also, I liked this server cause there aren't wardens. It makes it more fun having more people able to control the Ts than just one person. Adding something like a limit on the amount of CTs that can talk at one time would be a better fix for the conflicting orders and other problems that the CT team has. It might not completely fix the problem since its usually only a couple CTs conflicting, but atleast all the other CTs won't be screaming into their mics while they're arguing over the order and then telling the Ts to be off mic when they're not the ones mic spamming.

Edited by thump

Reply to Thread