? servers

? players online

Add a 2nd JB server

• Content Count:  5674

Doesn't make much sense. The only time I could ever see logic behind this is if our JB server is ranked #1 and constantly completely full. You'd be splitting the population in two and probably wouldn't even manage to get both servers full. Both server ranks would be very average as opposed to our one server doing extremely well at the moment.

Implementing changes to combat mic spamming is a whole different topic though. There's definitely things to discuss on that front, but making two servers does not solve that at all.

• Content Count:  75

Its not mic spamming. It's everyone trying to give orders at the same time. None of this is mic spamming. Its too many people talking at one.

Then get more admins.

Edited by Black Rain
merging posts

• Content Count:  4441

I don't think this is a terrible idea if we're trying to retain as many players as possible and if the server gets to rank 20 or under. I lowered JB down to 42 cause it was genuinely becoming a clusterfuck and I didn't want to sacrifice too much fun for the amount of players. My personal worry if anything like this ever happened is that I don't see people being able to execute it properly without being a bit silly about making things different or trying to be creative without thinking about how it might impede fun. I could also see what Dominic mentions coming into play in that certain players make the server fun so if someone sees someone like @Gumline on "JB #1" then "JB #2" might turn into a server with the people who can't play on #1, then they might think it's not worth it to play and less fun overall. Right now JB should focus on pushing changes out that mitigate the things you mentioned and recruit a strong community with regulars, admins, and higher-staff. Let me tack to the end that I still think at the very least certain SG servers should be prime as it exposes the players to way too much shit to deal with.

• Content Count:  913

Got to agree here that something needs to be done. I tend to stick on TTT most of the time nowadays, but on those occasions i've wandered into JB at the weekends, its been nothing short of a clusterfuck. People shouting over each other, inane rubbish being spammed on the mic, freekilling etc. etc. I struggled to keep hold of what was going on/do admin stuff with the people on the server.

What chance to most normal players have if its getting that crazy at peak times. Don't think splitting the severs is the ideal solution though.

Reply to Thread