? servers

? players online

Delaying

• Content Count:  1381

With the addition of course months ago and the general idea of delaying by just not killing the enemy, delaying has been a big thing. I'm going to mention certain situations and give my opinion and dong's opinion since we discussed this ourselves.

Situation 1:

Waiting in spawn doing whatever and once everyone is dead, complete the map wasting everyone's time

Opinion: IS delaying

Situation 2: Waiting in spawn doing whatever and once everyone is dead, slay yourself.

Opinion: ISN'T delaying

Situation 3: Completing the map, drawing dicks or bhopping around till everyone else either completes the map or dies, then get your points right after.

Situation 4: Completing the map, being the last alive, bhopping around and drawing dicks till time runs out

Situation 5: Not killing the last enemy on purpose, waiting for time to run out.

Situation 6: Trying to find last enemy, defending a bombsite.

Situation 7: Not planting bomb, or hiding as terrorist.

i cant think of any more at 4 am

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1633

Not trying to be rude here, but why would you play if you’re just going to draw dicks a bunch? This isn’t targeted at you, but if a person felt so inclined to draw penises on the wall why don’t they just log off, play offline, draw all the genitalia they wanted and then reconnected when there was a new map.

If you’re not progressing in a map until everyone dies you’re going to end up delaying even for a small amount of time. I just don’t get it.

• Like 1
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  536

Not trying to be rude here, but why would you play if you’re just going to draw dicks a bunch? This isn’t targeted at you, but if a person felt so inclined to draw penises on the wall why don’t they just log off, play offline, draw all the genitalia they wanted and then reconnected when there was a new map.

If you’re not progressing in a map until everyone dies you’re going to end up delaying even for a small amount of time. I just don’t get it.

In nesquik's scenario he was drawing dicks because he was bored after he previously beat the map 2 times. I've seen a lot of other people do it just because they don't like course and find it boring. this typically is new players that are a bunch of bots.

Sure you might delay for a MAXIMUM of 10 seconds at the MOST when you're trying to run to a death zone or type kill in console. If you think someone should be banned for that, then alright chief.

Edited by Dong

Never said someone should be banned for it (don’t put words in my mouth thx), I wouldn’t ban, I was just questioning the motivation behind it. A lot of the time (not all) I feel like it’s because burdens want to push their limits and annoy other people. I don’t see nesquik as a burden but I was just curious.

• Content Count:  1381

not trying to be rude but its like 5 seconds.

you really don't know how often we play course, don't you? Enough to establish my point.

also it seems like you complain a lot about the points I try to make on the server. Not to be rude or anything, but I'm just trying to improve our server and you just shit on me when you don't even play mg a lot. It's been getting to the point where I had to type those last couple of sentences.

Anyways, my point is, if I am just doing whatever and I slay when everyone else is dead is it really delaying? I'm wasting at most 5 seconds of time, not like literally any other situation I mentioned.

Sorry it isn’t a thing against you, I just dislike when people do this in general. I’ve played enough MG to understand how often people play course (half the time I join it’s a course map already). I also used to administrate a course server and have hundreds of hours on it and people did this all the time and 95% of the time they were trolling and trying to piss off everyone else. Maybe it’s not fair for me to compare that to here but the concept is the same and I’m sure it isn’t too different.

Also, I’m sorry if you feel personally attacked but it’s just a difference of opinion. You’re here to give your opinion to improve the server. I’m here to state my opinion that I think is best for the server. I’m allowed to have a difference of opinion. That doesn’t mean it’s a personal attack on you. I really don’t dislike you as a person, usually you’re quiet and we don’t talk too much, but just understand I’m not disagreeing because you’re the one that suggested it. I have a different opinion and sorry if you got offended.

As for the thing, 5 seconds is still 5 seconds. Do that for 6 rounds and suddenly it becomes 30 seconds. Now you’re looking at a difference that possibly decides if there is a next round or not all because someone decides to screw around and not play the map. I just don’t get why people feel the need to.

Oh well, maybe we can get more MG regs on here to see what they think.

Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  353

I personally dont think its delaying. You want to draw go for it. I feel people do it for attention more than to be douches. If you are slaying yourself right away whats the big deal? Sometimes drawings are fairly unique too. Doesnt have to be dicks.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.