Lokibelowkey
    SG Addict

The Revival of Deathrun

A huge problem with deathrun is the fact that people don’t want to play as death but it is a vital role. With nothing forcing people to play as death and that usually a couple people have to play as death for the whole map having either nobody as death or having people leave ruining the server. Deathrun is an amazing game mode that I have seen thrive as a standalone server when made correctly that’s why I feel that we can change how deathrun currently works on the server to make it a good part of mg. Another problem is the amount of deathrun maps we currently have in rotation the little we have allows for the maps to be overplayed.

A great plugin that was implemented on other servers I have played in the past and feel like we should add it here is random deaths every round all it does is it has a ratio to abide by, lets’ say 1:4 and it will randomly pick the appropriate amount of people from the whole to play as death for the round. This allows for fair and fun gameplay where everyone evenly plays both sides and people don’t want to quit and we don’t run out of people who want to play death keeping the game fresh.

Another is we start adding the good deathrun maps we currently have in map suggestions and add them to the rotation so we have is a total of Three maps and one of them isn’t that good of a deathrun map. Maps I think we could add soon that are great maps and had good reception is:
    deathrun_hot_desert_nf https://gamebanana.com/maps/179030
    deathrun_simpsons_ff https://gamebanana.com/maps/178960
    deathrun_spy_vs_spy_zn6
    deathrun_ramesses_revenge_csgo_v1 https://gamebanana.com/maps/178666
    deathrun_ecliptic https://gamebanana.com/maps/186451
    adding these maps into rotation would put more variety into the map pool would allow for less repetition and monotony of the maps being played.

In my opinion these changes would allow for deathrun to prosper on mg instead of being a server killer that everyone avoids.

Matty
    Honorable Gamer
    As someone who played a shit ton of deathrun on source you fail to address my main problem with csgo's: Autobhop. It makes everything so degenerate it's not even funny. It's just not fun when you can very easily get more than enough speed to invalidate most of the map.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Matty For This Useful Post:
    fozilla mirefox (01-05-2019)

Lokibelowkey
    SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    As someone who played a shit ton of deathrun on source you fail to address my main problem with csgo's: Autobhop. It makes everything so degenerate it's not even funny. It's just not fun when you can very easily get more than enough speed to invalidate most of the map.
    currently on deathrun we have autohop disabled.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lokibelowkey For This Useful Post:

Matty
    Honorable Gamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokibelowkey View Post
    currently on deathrun we have autohop disabled.
    Whoops it's been awhile, but it still all applies to easy bhop.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Matty For This Useful Post:

Dong
    big fag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokibelowkey View Post
    A great plugin that was implemented on other servers I have played in the past and feel like we should add it here is random deaths every round all it does is it has a ratio to abide by, lets’ say 1:4 and it will randomly pick the appropriate amount of people from the whole to play as death for the round. This allows for fair and fun gameplay where everyone evenly plays both sides and people don’t want to quit and we don’t run out of people who want to play death keeping the game fresh.
    Really like the idea of this plugin and would love to see it implemented. I don't know exactly how it works but I'd hope it still allows a player to switch to Death side on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Whoops it's been awhile, but it still all applies to easy bhop.
    You're right it does. Anyone with half a brain is able to scroll wheel and get almost as much speed as they would using autohop. I know when Creten, Loki, and I were testing maps we found one that I enjoyed but Creten said the map was unfair because the runners were able to bhop straight through it. Maybe we could look into changing the landing cap and lowering the max speed for some of these maps or deathrun in general. Something to think about.

Dong
    big fag
    @Creten just a reminder if this isn’t on your mental to-do list. I’d look into the plugins Loki mentioned for this.

Cept For Her
    SG Fanboy

It could be possible to lower the maxvelocity on certain maps, ie. deathrun maps in order to make bhopping less overpowered to the gameplay. On top of this Id really like to see an automatic deathpicker as it would probably help out quite a bit with the gamemode and cause people to actually have fun and not be stuck as death the whole time. In addition, it could be cool to see a !death command or something where someone can purposely queue in to be death the next round, and would do the command again if they decide they want to undo their choice.
    One other thing that could be cool is adding in a button lock system, where deaths are able to lock the button they are wanting to use so only they can use it. Not sure how viable an idea this is, and how it would work but just a thought