? servers

? players online

Issue with crashing

• Content Count:  59

Hey everyone!

I've been having an issue with Rainbow Six Siege and it crashing everytime I launch.

The problem started when I downloaded the drivers for my AMD Radeon RX Vega 64. A few days later, I uninstalled the drivers thinking that it would resolve my issue, but it didn't. Over time, more games have been starting to crash: Fortnite started a month ago (when I have drivers installed. if I uninstall them, I don't crash anymore) and CS:GO has been happening rarely as well.

This is a bit more about my system:

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

i7 8th Gen 8.7k

880W Power Supply

1TB SSD 1 TB HD

Anyone know how to resolve the issue? I don't believe it's anything related to my specs as I have a really good computer.

Regards,

Leo

Is your graphics card on power savings mode? Is it overheating? Open up Wattman in the AMD drivers and reset your settings.

Ok, let me try.

Should it be on power saving? How do I know if it's overheating?

• Content Count:  678

Ok, let me try.

Power Saving will limit the amount of power available to your GPU, and might be causing the crashes, you want it off. As for temperature, you want to check logs to see right before the crash what to see temp you were at. Typically you don't want your GPU over 100 Celsius, but in my experience 104 is where things get bad.

Edited by Enderspine
balls grammar

• Content Count:  2693

Ok, let me try.

Power savings should be off. Open up the AMD Radeon Drivers and press on the "Gaming" tab. Click "Global Settings" and then hit "Reset" just to make sure that you don't have any settings that are causing this. Turn off Power Efficiency while you are at it. After that press on the Global Wattman tab and that shows you your current fan speed, frequency, and temperature. Your temperature should be peaking around 80 to 85 degrees Celsius. If you want to open the overlay ingame you can press Ctrl + Shift + O, I believe that is the default keybinding. Let me know if that fixes anything. If that isn't the case, then it might be your RAM.

Power savings should be off. Open up the AMD Radeon Drivers and press on the "Gaming" tab. Click "Global Settings" and then hit "Reset" just to make sure that you don't have any settings that are causing this. Turn off Power Efficiency while you are at it. After that press on the Global Wattman tab and that shows you your current fan speed, frequency, and temperature. Your temperature should be peaking around 80 to 85 degrees Celsius. If you want to open the overlay ingame you can press Ctrl + Shift + O, I believe that is the default keybinding. Let me know if that fixes anything. If that isn't the case, then it might be your RAM.

My temperature peak right now is at 79 C. I couldnt fine the power efficiency though.

Let me try my rainbow now. I have 32 Gigs of RAM, highly doubt thats the issue

Power Saving will limit the amount of power available to your GPU, and might be causing the crashes, you want it off. As for temperature, you want to check logs to see right before the crash what to see temp you were at. Typically you don't want your GPU over 100 Celsius, but in my experience 104 is where things get bad.

Let me check before and after the crash

• Content Count:  2693

My temperature peak right now is at 79 C. I couldnt fine the power efficiency though.

Let me try my rainbow now. I have 32 Gigs of RAM, highly doubt thats the issue

79 C is fine for your GPU. It should max out at 85 C so it's fine. Power efficiency should be located here :

nqMdAcl.png

• Content Count:  922

When I overclocked my graphics card and ram a lot more than I should not have back when I played fortnite I noticed that it would crash the game. After I unclocked these I noticed that games no longer crashed and my gpu and cpu were not as hot. I suggest trying this first before you mess with anything else.

Reply to Thread