? servers

? players online

First Order

• Content Count:  257

This plug-in has been abused by CTs since it has been implemented into PB. People don't just simply use it to give orders, they use !fo to talk about things that occurred in the previous round, or just to simply give a freeday. I'm not saying that this plug-in should be removed, i'm just saying that we need to create some rules of things that you can and cannot do with first order. Some simple things would be don't talk about anything that's not related to the current order that you are about to give, or at least until you have actually given an order. Some Pros to this could be Ts not getting distracted on what the current order actually is, and problems could be solved in a better way through chat or calmly through your mic after !fo, instead of a T needing to switch to CT and aggressively screaming into their mic because they were free killed. Also another could just be if you're going to give a freeday and not give a real order, don't take !fo. The reason I say that is because I'm almost positive at least one of the other CTs would be ok with giving real orders instead of a freeday. Any other thoughts on the plug-in?

• Content Count:  3150

I've seen most everything described here happen in JB as recently as a few days ago, not sure exactly what the solution would be but I do agree the First Order plugin does shit all to help. I like your thoughts on making rules about what the first order should be, which clicks together well with CTs having to give orders in a reasonable amount of time. I think that if we have been able to train people into having to give orders in a timely manor, we could do the same with having to give..a reasonable order? or set of orders?

Its been talked about here and on the other thread, but Freedays are absolutely out of control. What you described here about Ts switching to CT and then aggressively screaming is exactly what I've experienced every time I've tried to play JB. Now you can come in and tell me that like maybe it was just a bad time or no admins were on, which I disagree with. I've been playing JB for near 10 years, and for many of those years I ran the fucking show on CT, didn't need a plugin to claim warden. I remember back to days where 3 people (myself included) could handle an entire server of (roughly 18-20) Ts with near no problems. Now no matter how much I raise my voice or try and take command of a really shitty situation or set of orders...its just muffled by screaming children on both sides. I know times have changed, but perhaps something needs to get tweaked around so we can get back closer to what was an incredibly fun server, not just one that maintained a good rank.

Edited by BoM

• Content Count:  1020

@Wawa and I already discussed the first order to which we have a rule to polish up and release. It's been delayed due to the holidays but I'll try to push it tomorrow if I can. Sorry for delay and great suggestion.

@BoM we are currently looking into some sort of rule or plug-in that would help the Ts from talking over each other as it has been getting hetic as of recently, but as for now I suggest you utilize chat orders. If they continue to say freeday after an attempt to give a valid order, call an admin on or record a player complaint.

EDIT: Reading back I just want to point out that taking first order and talking about other subjects is already against the rules. I was addressing the matter of taking first order and giving a freeday.

Edited by WavY

Just to clarify, while there is a lot of mic clutter from Ts, what was being talked about here is Ts switching to CT and spamming free days. They either want to cause chaos or they think the CTs are bad...not handling it right, who knows really. Giving text orders wont fix that, someone on mic will just yell a different order (freeday) and children will follow. Also it's not really against the rules...currently, outside of contradicting orders which gets pretty convoluted when you have 15 CTs each one calling a different order at the same time.

• Content Count:  1020

Just to clarify, while there is a lot of mic clutter from Ts, what was being talked about here is Ts switching to CT and spamming free days. They either want to cause chaos or they think the CTs are bad...not handling it right, who knows really. Giving text orders wont fix that, someone on mic will just yell a different order (freeday) and children will follow. Also it's not really against the rules...currently, outside of contradicting orders which gets pretty convoluted when you have 15 CTs each one calling a different order at the same time.

If it’s the same person giving the freeday nonstop, it’s against the rules. CTs are supposed to give reasonable and valid orders without repeating them constantly. On top of that, a freeday can be revoked at anytime so just repeat your orders to which they have to follow. With that being said, it does make it against the rules and if the problem consist after warning said player, just make the player complaint.

If it’s the same person giving the freeday nonstop, it’s against the rules. CTs are supposed to give reasonable and valid orders without repeating them constantly. On top of that, a freeday can be revoked at anytime so just repeat your orders to which they have to follow. With that being said, it does make it against the rules and if the problem consist after warning said player, just make the player complaint.

Right...thanks, I know about player complaints and how to call an admin. Was trying to express that it seems like a bigger issue that might benefit from a rule adjustment regarding freedays.

Like for example : only having free day in with the 'days plugin' and limiting its usage there, having a rule in place that says you can only issue freedays that way.

Standing purely behind the rule of conflicting orders and just the concept of being able to call an admin at any time with the current low amount of admins will hinder gameplay until we get a lot more active admins. Once the holidays are over and people have less free time to be in there you're looking at a lot of potential situations where there might not be an admin available.

Establishing a more well defined rule or building it into the plugin allows you to teach the playerbase the rules over time, making them less likely to abuse. Often times people will break the rules less purely because they know even if an admin isnt on that they could get recorded and banned that way.

In JBs current state with how the rules + players are even if I was recording to complain it probably wouldn't end up being solid proof, plus it ends up being different kids everytime. Having a secondary rule or layer of rules regarding this would prove much more effective at building a mentality among the playerbase that can be carried on long term.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

I think we should just make it against the rules to call freeday for !fo. Not only would it hinder the CTs taking !fo and spamming freeday, but it would help on the first round when people don't hear the restrictions and complain about freekill. You can still have first round and all round freedays, they can just be called after calling a regular !fo (take one step out, face the back, etc.).

• Like 1

• Content Count:  678

*bump* There was talk of "tomorrow", but the holiday was then. when can we see this update?

Edited by Enderspine
way more sassy than i wanted

• Content Count:  452

If someone is abusing !fo tell them to stop, if they don't... demo, reach out to a staff member, etc. The order in itself doesn't need rules surrounding it. CTs don't need more rules, we have plenty to follow and in my experience this is a non-issue. This is a cherrypicked minute incident that occurs with very few individuals.

• Content Count:  678

If someone is abusing !fo tell them to stop, if they don't... demo, reach out to a staff member, etc. The order in itself doesn't need rules surrounding it. CTs don't need more rules, we have plenty to follow and in my experience this is a non-issue. This is a cherrypicked minute incident that occurs with very few individuals.

People give FO freedays everyday on server. Are you saying this isn't a problem, or that it doesn't happen?

Reply to Thread