? servers

? players online

Blatant Disobey

• Content Count:  70

So it seems that people are abusing the phrase blatant disobey and I just want to know something about it. So in a recent match on vipinthemix there was an order to go to soccer pitch. I was not alive at the time so I personally wasn't affected by it. Now the round that this happened it seems that around 15-20 seconds later people were getting sprayed down for simply entering garage from soccer pitch for 'blatant disobey' which doesn't make a lot of sense seeing as soccer is right next to garage. What I could see from the chaos was people throwing HE grenades into garage, spraying people down (even without primaries) and a general show of the server at its worst. Now ik there were small cases that were blatant, and kos, but it seemed like an excuse for the cts to grind up kills in an unrighteous way. Here is my question, what are admins supposed to do in this case?

• Content Count:  678

Here is my question, what are admins supposed to do in this case?

You can find a guide on how admins should use commands on the servers HERE

In this specific situation it is less clear exactly what was going on, however I would imagine an admin would be listening to hear what the order was, and make an educated decision on whether or not the Ts were blatant or not, and from there either do nothing, or issue a broad warning to all CTs to be clear in their orders. This seems like the regular pandemonium of JB, and probably wasn't extreme enough to require admin intervention.

Edited by Enderspine
grammar

• Content Count:  3294

So it seems that people are abusing the phrase blatant disobey and I just want to know something about it. So in a recent match on vipinthemix there was an order to go to soccer pitch. I was not alive at the time so I personally wasn't affected by it. Now the round that this happened it seems that around 15-20 seconds later people were getting sprayed down for simply entering garage from soccer pitch for 'blatant disobey' which doesn't make a lot of sense seeing as soccer is right next to garage. What I could see from the chaos was people throwing HE grenades into garage, spraying people down (even without primaries) and a general show of the server at its worst. Now ik there were small cases that were blatant, and kos, but it seemed like an excuse for the cts to grind up kills in an unrighteous way. Here is my question, what are admins supposed to do in this case?

You should know a few things. One, there were two admins on and if something illegal was happening they took care of it (the guy throwing HE grenades). Two, from the start of the round I had been saying bomb-rush soccer BE ON PITCH. Since the round started I said be on soccer pitch for FORTY SECONDS (Note I also had FO). Third, I'm making a player complain for a lot of individuals about this whole scenario and the large player disrespect that insued afterward. In the video I asked multiple admins about blatant disobey and then gave them the situational. Wait for the complaint, watch the clip, and then see for yourself

• Content Count:  272

If you really wanted them to be on soccer pitch then you should have waited for some CTs to get into soccer and enforced the orders before sending all the Ts into soccer to be on pitch. You're making it extremely easy for the Ts to rebel and disobey your orders by not having CTs in soccer. Also, after I rewatched the video you had on it, I noticed that you opened the cells at 4:45, which is basically instantly. You don't give your CTs nearly enough time to get out of armory so they can help enforce the orders. You really just made it harder for yourself and the other CTs to enforce by being so eager to open up the cell doors. At 4:45 quite a few CTs are still in armory getting their weapons while you open cell doors so the Ts can go to soccer. Now, this might just be me, but if I were the one giving the order, I would have gone into soccer first and maybe tell a couple CTs to come with me while others made sure they all ran to soccer so that they would actually be on pitch and not disobeying. In that situation it seemed like you just wanted them to disobey so you could either thin out the Ts to make it easier or just get more kills.

Another thing, to reference the toxicity that was happening, to be honest, I was being toxic cause that's just how I am. If you had just asked me to stop I probably would have, but I never saw or heard you complain about it so I kept doing it. A reason people might have been toxic to you is that you come off as a very kill hungry CT. I use to do exactly what you do but have since stopped since I realized it makes the game less enjoyable for all the people that I killed. I used to call blatant disobey a lot and sometimes when it wasn't even blatant and would give orders that could get me a lot of kills. I was kill hungry and you seem to be too. The toxicity you're receiving from a lot of players is because of you seeming like a kill hungry CT. Same thing with why a lot of people don't like Blake, because he is so kill hungry. Maybe try being a little less harsh on the Ts some time, it makes the game more enjoyable for them.

• Like 1
Edited by thump

• Content Count:  3294

There are a few things you seem to notice being the T. As a CT if you don’t open the doors as fast as possibly you have people complaining in chat, so I went directly to do it. CT’s don’t need more time than I do in armory and if they take more time it’s not my fault. I’m not kill hungry I actually prefer playing T side. I only switch to CT side if the other team is having trouble enrorcing or the ratio is fucked. During that time online the CT’s were dying every round because they weren’t able to enforce properly. So I decided to send them to soccer somewhere enforceable where there’s only two ways out (unlike pool where you can get to so many different places). Referring to the toxicity you were being toxic but that’s not the worst part, while saying all those things you did you aided to the whole trashing on TheZZL bandwagon. You said if I had a serious problem with you i should have said “stop”. And you know what you’re partially right, but what you fail to notice is in the harassment/“bullying” world (not saying I was bullied using it as an example) if you show any sort of reaction or say “stop” it shows that they’re getting to you and the person harrassing or bullying recognizes that as a job well done. In this case I tried to be as mellow and neutral as possible to try and deny any of that but obviously it did not work. Also, if there was a serious problem with either me breaking the rules or just being an ass with my orders i’m Sure both admins online would have said something.

Reply to Thread