Enderspine
    Banned
    Banned

jb_spyvsspy_christmas fix

I was going to go into Hammer SDK and remove the "Hurt" button from the climb section of this map after watching @Davie slay two ppl for hitting it literally 20 minutes ago. I've loaded maps before no problem, but this one either seems to be taking an especially long time to load, or it is actually causing my Hammer to become unresponsive. I am willing to try loading the map the next time I go afk to see if it's loaded by the time I get back, but before I do that I wanted to get the feedback from you guys first. Would SG benefit from having this "feature" removed, or would this simply be a waste of time?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Enderspine For This Useful Post:
    TheZZL (01-02-2019)

ThRza
    this servr so epic sause

Quote Originally Posted by Enderspine View Post
    I was going to go into Hammer SDK and remove the "Hurt" button from the climb section of this map after watching @Davie slay two ppl for hitting it literally 20 minutes ago. I've loaded maps before no problem, but this one either seems to be taking an especially long time to load, or it is actually causing my Hammer to become unresponsive. I am willing to try loading the map the next time I go afk to see if it's loaded by the time I get back, but before I do that I wanted to get the feedback from you guys first. Would SG benefit from having this "feature" removed, or would this simply be a waste of time?
    I believe there is also a bug for players to get stuck in the top of big cage, not sure what's causing it but I think it's an issue with the box in the cage

Enderspine
    Banned
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThRza View Post
    I believe there is also a bug for players to get stuck in the top of big cage, not sure what's causing it but I think it's an issue with the box in the cage
    this is true, I believe that this is actually a problem with the engine now, as you can easily tell the new vaulting animation does not play well when jumping onto planes that are under a roof collision, as your camera flicks backward away from the jump. The only solution I see to this (from a mapping standpoint) is to make the cage itself taller.

Darnias
    Anime Officer
    Don't even need to decompile/recompile the map to remove the button/hurt. They're edicts so just removing them from the bsp is enough. Uploading this version(DL) is enough.
    The server needs to have this version in it's csgo folder, players can have old version. It has removed climb and obstacle race hurts.

Ping your server ATs if you fixed version on server.

Enderspine
    Banned
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darnias View Post
    Don't even need to decompile/recompile the map to remove the button/hurt. They're edicts so just removing them from the bsp is enough. Uploading this version(DL) is enough. The server needs to have this version in it's csgo folder, players can have old version. It has removed climb and obstacle race hurts.
    seems like someone has done my work for me, thanks @Darnias

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard. View Post
    maybe we should remove the map its no longer christmas
    This was actually the reason for this post, I considered that the map might be removed, and so figured I'd ask before just slapping down a product that isn't required.

Bernard.
    SG Addict

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bernard. For This Useful Post:
    All Ts (12-27-2018), Ray (12-27-2018)

Ray
    Senior Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard. View Post
    @Grateful @WavY @Wawa