? servers

? players online

Early Playoff Predictions / Preview

• Content Count:  1920

With the last week of the NFL regular season coming up next weekend, I want to do my playoff predictions THIS week rather than next, because next week I will be doing a full season review and comparison to my predicitions at the start of the year.

So how I will be doing this is by listing the projected seeds of both conferences and then the few teams still in the hunt, and then say my predictions for each game that will occur after. I will list the current records and then in brackets, my final projected record of the teams.

AFC

1st Seed: Kansas City Chiefs, 11-4 (12-4)

2nd Seed: New England Patriots, 10-5 (11-5)

3rd Seed: Houston Texans, 10-5 (11-5)

4th Seed: Baltimore Ravens, 9-6 (10-6)

5th Seed: Los Angeles Chargers, 11-4 (12-4)

6th Seed: Indianapolis Colts, 9-6 (9-7)

In the Hunt:

Tennessee Titans, 9-6 (10-6)

Pittsburgh Steelers, 8-6-1 (9-6-1)

NFC

1st Seed: New Orleans Saints, 13-2 (14-2)

2nd Seed: Los Angeles Rams, 12-3 (13-3)

3rd Seed: Chicago Bears, 11-4 (12-4)

4th Seed: DallASS Cowboys, 9-6 (9-7)

5th Seed: Seattle Seahawks, 9-6 (10-6)

6th Seed: Minnesota Vikings, 8-6-1 (8-7-1)

In the Hunt:

Philadelphia Eagles, 8-7 (9-7)

Wild Card Round:

For the AFC, I say Colts lose their last game to the Titans, giving the Titans the final wild card spot. The Steelers may win, but are unable to clinch playoffs with the Ravens also winning.

AFC

Titans vs. Texans- Titans 28, Texans 31

I say this game is close throughout and the Texans seal the deal with a late field goal to secure the victory, possibly in last seconds of the fourth or into overtime.

Chargers vs. Ravens- Chargers 38, Ravens 24\

A much less close game compared to the Titans-Texans due to a Ravens team still finding their groove with a new quarterback compared to a team that really deserves the playoff bye compared to the Patriots.

NFC

In the last week of the year, I don't see the Vikings beating the Bears, and I don't see the Eagles losing to a team with a quarterback who has won a total of ONE NFL game.

Also if the Eagles get into the playoffs, I must warn you all with three words: BIG. DICK. NICK.

Eagles vs. Bears- Eagles 24, Bears 21

I see this being a close game, much like the Titans-Texans game, but with more sloppy play throughout from both sides. With a mixture of a strong offense over the last few weeks from Philly and one of the scariest D-Lines in the NFL mixed with a sloppy and tired defense from Philly and a messy offense from Chicago, I see this being either a shitshow or a hell of a game.

Seahawks vs. Cowboys- Seahawks 41, Dallas 17

I don't see this being a close contest at all. The Seahawks have been solid as of late, and Dallas has been sloppy and have been really gifted wins this season. No one in the NFC East REALLY deserves a spot in the playoffs this year (YES, including the Eagles, even if I hate to say it). Also the Cowboys have won two playoff games in the last 21 years. Oof.

Divisonal Round:

AFC

Chargers vs. Chiefs- Chargers 41, Chiefs 35

This will easily be one of the games of the YEAR. Two of the best teams in the NFL gunning for that conference championship shot. The chiefs will start out strong, then "FULL REID MODE" will go into effect, and the chiefs will buckle and fail in the second half.

Texans vs. Patriots- Texans 21, Patriots 38

I don't have much to say here is that no team may have nice things in the playoffs against the Patriots until the Super Bowl. No nice things.

NFC

Eagles vs. Saints- Eagles 21, Saints 48

Even with Big Dick Nick, the Eagles stand no chance to such an opponent. The Saints are in a class of their own this season, with Kamara and Brees playing incredibly, and just an overall really good team. Brees will tear the Eagles battered secondary apart and it WON'T be pretty.

Seahwaks vs. Rams- Seahawks 24, Rams 31

This will be a good game, but I feel the Rams will come out on top somehow. I feel like the game could go either way, depending on how Wilson and Goff play.

Conference Championship:

I'll cut out the divisions at this point, since there's only two games.

Chargers vs. Patriots- Chargers 34, Patriots 28

By technicality, the Patriots will have home-field advantage here, but I feel the Chargers will prevail since they haven't really had home-field advantage all season long. It will be close, but so sweet to 31 fan bases in the NFL.

Rams vs. Saints- Rams 35, Saints 42

A fun game to watch, close throughout until Brees pulls something out of his ass to win New Orleans the game and a ticket to the Super Bowl.

SUPER BOWL 53

Chargers vs. Saints- Chargers 17, Saints 24

A low scoring affair, both defenses will have really good showings and it will come down to the final drive. I feel this could go either way, but I'm leaning towards a Saints victory in my heart. It would be nice to see Brees win it and ride off in the sunset.

What are your predictions?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2730

Umm... have you even been watching football? Your projections are way off. First off, the Colts are going to beat the Titans again. There is no way that Luck is going to let his 10-0 series against the Titans be faulted in a such important game. They also have the best scoring defense in the second half of the season. In the past two weeks they have stopped both Ezekiel Elliott and Saquon Barkley.

Mariota might be out or limited along with Jurrell Casey who is now on the IR with a strained MCL. It's not looking good for the titans.

I also don't agree with the Eagles vs Bears match-up. The bear's defense is badass. Besides Foles will most likely injure himself by tripping over the ball and giving himself a concussion. Then they would have to start Nate Sudfeld. Even though Sudfeld is a good quarterback it will won't be good enough to win.

Ya the Cowboys wouldn't give up that many points to any team, much less the Seahawks.

you haven't been paying attention to the cowboys if you think we're getting gifted games. Our defense has shown up all year.

Easy win the Cowboys.

The Super bowl is going to be the Pats (even thought I hate them more than any other team) vs the Saints. The Saints will win 36 - 14.

• Like 1

you haven't been paying attention to the cowboys if you think we're getting gifted games. Our defense has shown up all year.

You forget I'm being completely biased against the Cowboys. "DallASS"

In my honest opinon, your defense has been your saving grace this year. Zeke was pretty much solo carrying the offense until Amari arrived, and those two are pretty much your offense. Dak has been average. And I say "gifted" because all of your wins (besides Jacksonville) have been within 7 points. Those are ALL close games and I don't see the Cowboys doing well in the playoffs from the most neutral perspective I can give. I will give credit where it's due and say congrats on the win over the Saints. I say they lose against the Seahawks because they already did once this year.

How can you take the Chargers over the Pats at Foxborough???

And this year's Eagles over the Bears in Chicago???

No way José.

Chargers have a stadium lacking their own fans and is smaller than every other stadium, and still went 11-4. Not to mention they're 6-1 away.

Eagles just beat the Rams in LA a few weeks ago. Also that has a lot of personal bias, being an Eagles fan.

Umm... have you even been watching football? Your projections are way off. First off, the Colts are going to beat the Titans again. There is no way that Luck is going to let his 10-0 series against the Titans be faulted in a such important game. They also have the best scoring defense in the second half of the season. In the past two weeks they have stopped both Ezekiel Elliott and Saquon Barkley.

Mariota might be out or limited along with Jurrell Casey who is now on the IR with a strained MCL. It's not looking good for the titans.

I also don't agree with the Eagles vs Bears match-up. The bear's defense is badass. Besides Foles will most likely injure himself by tripping over the ball and giving himself a concussion. Then they would have to start Nate Sudfeld. Even though Sudfeld is a good quarterback it will won't be good enough to win.

Ya the Cowboys wouldn't give up that many points to any team, much less the Seahawks.

Easy win the Cowboys.

The Super bowl is going to be the Pats (even thought I hate them more than any other team) vs the Saints. The Saints will win 36 - 14.

Personally, the Colts-Titans game is a gut feeling for me. I feel like the Titans can pull one out even with the odds stacked against them.

For the Eagles game- YES. The Bears defence is solid, and I even admitted they're a formidable opponent. I just say this because Foles has been playing outstandingly over the last couple of weeks. Riding your personal predicition off of someone getting injured is more questionable than my predicition.

See my reply to Deli for my opinion on the Cowboys game.

I know the Bowl is probably gonna be Pats-Saints but the Chargers pick is just wishful thinking, since I really do hate the Pats.

Reply to Thread