? servers

? players online

Force CTs to have mic in JB

• Content Count:  712

In a chaotic situation you're not gonna look at chat because someone said to look in chat that they got a fd.

i mean its not hard to just give a new order....even if ts didnt get a fd you can always give another order to override the previous one/possibly a fd

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

I think having it so that players can't play CT if they don't have a mic is a bit unfair, as some people just genuinely don't have a mic and some just don't use it on SG, as they'd prefer their voice not be heard. There are some really good CTs that don't have mics.

It comes down to the prisoner's responsibility to read chat and make sure they keep up with it, even if it's not over the convenient way of the microphone. Sure, it's not the easiest or best way to be a CT, but it's nice to have consistency so that all players are able to be a CT if they so choose to.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5108

Just wanted to gave an update that the Jail Break staff reached a verdict on this. It was decided that it would be very unfair to make using a mic a requirement to play CT in itself. However, we also came to an agreement that there needed to be change in some form. A new rule was implemented as of 3/17/19 that states:

• CTs cannot give special orders in text chat, they must be over voice chat.

If you would like to see the rule change and more information on it, I will provide what @Dominic posted in the changelog down below.

3/17/19

- New rule: CTs cannot give special orders in text chat, they must be over voice chat.

Most Jailbreak management has always felt that we shouldn't restrict people who don't have microphones from giving orders. While we agree, we believe most of the problems regarding the confusion it causes stems from special orders. We're hoping this cuts back on the misunderstandings caused by CTs not reading chat and will lead to less freekills occurring. While we know not everyone will be happy with this change, especially those without microphones, we believe it's best for the server.

That being said, I will lock this thread and mark it appropriately.

• Like 7

Reply to Thread