? servers

? players online

CTs Delaying The Round

• Content Count:  257

I know there is already a rule that a CT can NOT camp as last CT and not enforce, but this always happens. I'm on JB right now, were playing Spy vs Spy, and every single round a different CT is last alive with around 12 Ts alive, and they just give a freeday so they don't have to "Enforce" their orders. People get around the rule of not being allowed to delay the round by camping, or not giving orders way to often. We should get more strict about this rule and if a CT is last alive and camping, an admin should just instantly put a marker on him. Even on razor, or vip, regs are getting away with delaying the whole round under Big Cage. This makes Jailbreak not as fun as it is supposed to be, and unfortunately stale. Some people don't give a freeday, they just give an order that is across the map so the Ts will get away from them, and the Ts are just screaming in their microphones, "Are you going to enforce that?".

Maybe we could figure out a way to get people to stop delaying the rounds because it's purely ruining the game mode. Anyone have any ideas?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  40

There have been so many occasions of this, even when admins are on where people just camp vents or like a small little crevice in the map, or even inside the cells and call a full freday. Most of the times when there is an admin on, he/she is probably alive trying to kill the last ct, but can’t take action becaue he’s still alive. And even when the admins are spectating and they say something through admin chat, the last ct just uses the excuse: “Its a full freeday, what do you mean enforce?” I feel like a rule should be placed down where if you are last ct, then you must be actively pursuing any rebellers.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3150

Bumping a thread 8 hours after you make it, am I seeing that right? :p

Anyways, two rules relevant to this conversation (and maybe more I'm not including) :

'• CTs are allowed to camp but cannot delay the round.'

'• CTs must be actively enforcing orders or assisting their team. (subject to admin discretion)'

My first response to seeing a thread like this is : Be a better T, or a better team of Ts...but I understand this isn't always easy. I think on some maps its easier than others, and it also depends on how the CTs acted before it ended up being one CT alive. If the CTs did a good job at clearing out the guns, and the CT is now camping armory or some other dumb corner of the map...it becomes increasingly hard to be the one hunting them down. That being said, obviously like a lot of the stuff you said is technically against the 2nd rule, which is that they must be actively enforcing orders, but you would need an admin there to properly enforce that. Unfortunately in that situation if an admin isn't around you're gonna have a lot of trouble dealing with that, and also filing a complaint would be kind of silly as its a minor infraction at best.

I could write a lot more on the matter, but I'm curious what other people think.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  391

I think it’s pretty interesting how a camping CT can make the round spicier. Yeah sure it’s annoying to play but as a t, but as aspectator it kind of drives this hide n seek feel where people actually get excited for when something interesting happens.

The round is only 5 minutes, may as well let the clever CTs get their fun of it before round end imo. If it gets excessive then I’m sure the community will flame frequent campers out just like they always have

• Like 2

• Content Count:  5674

The JB staff doesn't feel as though anything really needs to be "fixed" here. While our server is definitely fast-paced, our rounds are already so short that it doesn't necessarily hurt when the last CT is being passive in response to being so outnumbered.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

Reply to Thread