? servers

? players online

quiz plugin on minigames

• Content Count:  5108

Yea it's gonna be cool for the first week... Then nobody is going to care and the plugin is just going to sit and collect dust except for the one or two times someone new is intrigued by it.

@Manny with the big brain play, I WONDER WHERE HE HEARD SOMEONE SAY IT WAS GONNA COLLECT DUST.

But yeah, exactly my thoughts. No one is gonna even know this thing exists after a while and it will just be there for nothing.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1799

@Manny with the big brain play, I WONDER WHERE HE HEARD SOMEONE SAY IT WAS GONNA COLLECT DUST.

But yeah, exactly my thoughts. No one is gonna even know this thing exists after a while and it will just be there for nothing.

You never said it, so I did. :thatswhereurwrong:

• Content Count:  132

I would love this plugin on bhop because I just sit there waiting for scripters/hackers most of the time. It gives people something to do when they've completed the map and have nothing else to do.

• Content Count:  5377

That's a little extreme.

Do I think that a trivia plugin would single handedly populate some of our servers? No. Do I think that it could help us retain players who may have otherwise left while the round was still in progress because they don't want to wait? Yes (well kind of.)

For this idea to work there would have to be some sort of 'carrot' like a leaderboards or potential extra credits. I don't think it's fair to immediately disregard a potentially fruitful endeavour just because you speculate that "No one is gonna even know this thing exists after a while and it will just be there for nothing" when there's literally no evidence to support that opinion. I'm not saying that it will be wildly successful but I also don't think that it would go completely ignored and just the sliver of a chance at retaining population is enough for me.

• Content Count:  5108

That's a little extreme.

Do I think that a trivia plugin would single handedly populate some of our servers? No. Do I think that it could help us retain players who may have otherwise left while the round was still in progress because they don't want to wait? Yes (well kind of.)

For this idea to work there would have to be some sort of 'carrot' like a leaderboards or potential extra credits. I don't think it's fair to immediately disregard a potentially fruitful endeavour just because you speculate that "No one is gonna even know this thing exists after a while and it will just be there for nothing" when there's literally no evidence to support that opinion. I'm not saying that it will be wildly successful but I also don't think that it would go completely ignored and just the sliver of a chance at retaining population is enough for me.

Evidently, no one is tearing down the walls for this plugin to be added seeing as no one posted on this thread until we had gone through some of the unanswered suggestions at the CA meeting yesterday. I have seen plugins of the same caliber as this that are added and have the same outcome, where it is neglected until it eventually breaks and becomes problematic for the server managers. I'm glad that you have expressed interest in this though, as your opinion matters just like my opinion that it wouldn't be worth applying this suggestion. If it gets enough support, this probably will be looked at in a more serious light by the MG managers and representatives. At the end of the day, if we wanted to do anything with credits it would probably have to be routed through the store plugin and make for a bit extra work. I'm not going to be upset if it gets added, but I don't think it's really going to add much flavor to the currently existing recipe that is keeping players coming back for seconds.

• Like 1
Edited by eXtr3m3

• Content Count:  1671

This is the oldest suggestion, so I'm assuming none of the pervious mangers wanted to touch this at all. The team talked about it and have decided to reject this. It does sound like a good idea on paper but it just won't work. Only having the plugin on MG would be unfair for all the servers because they wouldn't have the extra credits and what not... Here's the thing, it's gonna die quick and no one will really care about it. The players right now on MG almost give no care about what's going on in chat, people are more focused on the gameplay and what...stop to type a math answer and die in the process? If it was added, then it would most likely be added to all the other servers because someone would complain that they're not getting their credits. I would vouch for all servers but that's not me; TTT's chat goes by so quick, everyone would most likely not see it and carry on with their own gameplay. Same with JB, focused more on gameplay... Scrim, Surf, Bhop, ZE, etc...

TLDR; Plugin would not be used at all, will die out, people are more focused on gameplay rather than doing a simple math problem (stay in school gamers).

• Like 1

Reply to Thread