? servers

? players online

Racism Rule

• Content Count:  64

Personally, I feel like the racism rule on SG is very weird. The N word, anything slightly related to the N word, or a black person joke will result in an instant ban. However, racism towards other minorities such as Jewish people are nowhere near as strict. For example, somebody can say a holocaust joke and not get banned while someone who says the N word or a variation of the N word gets insta-banned. TL;DR, I feel like the "racism" rule on SG only applies towards the N word and racism towards black people.

• Like 1
Edited by Will.

• Content Count:  1633

Harrassment/disrespect towards any group of people is not allowed, anti-Semitic comments included. If you're making offensive jokes and disrespecting another member of the community action can be taken. If you feel an admin is not doing their job and letting stuff like this slide you can always make an admin complaint here

• Content Count:  1671

Personally, I feel like the racism rule on SG is very weird. The N word, anything slightly related to the N word, or a black person joke will result in an instant ban. However, racism towards other minorities such as Jewish people are nowhere near as strict. For example, somebody can say a holocaust joke and not get banned while someone who says the N word or a variation of the N word gets insta-banned. TL;DR, I feel like the "racism" rule on SG only applies towards the N word and racism towards black people.

I just want to say that we don't instantly ban people for racism. Admins are to follow to a protocol for such things; not just straight up banning for one small slip up and would fall under as an unfair ban. Along with Jewish people, either a race or a religion, we follow anti Semitism under harassment as well. Yeah people joke and laughs about it, but when it gets to the point of people actually getting harassed, we take care of the situation. Racism isn't just pointed to black people, it's pointed to all races. Just... Like... Your... Name... and profile picture...

Edited by Im Sad

• Content Count:  235

anti-Semitic comments included here

isn't anti-semitism allowed. there was a SG question about this .... no gets banned for saying "fucking jews" but they do for saying the "n-word"

*edit*

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73578

so basically it says to make an player complaint so higher ups can solve it, only if it is repeated and you see it as necassary.

p.s. being a jew isn't a race it's a religion. If you live in Israel I think you are an Israeli

@I Eat Dog @Kieran @Im Sad

Edited by Black Shinobi

• Content Count:  586

Anti-semitism has been discussed in the past and pretty much answered by caution

Thread: https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73578&page=2

Antisemitism is pretty widely viewed as 'racism'. We can have a philosophical argument about whether Jews are considered a race (or, for that matter, if 'race' is really a thing), but at the end of the day I can understand why an admin would ban someone for saying holocaust jokes using the reason of 'racism'. I'm not okay with admins banning people for using the term 'Jew' however...that's not racist, that's a widely approved shortened term. I'm not going to go into where that term came from, but it's not discriminatory at all, and anyone who says it is has absolutely no knowledge of Judaism.

The question is pretty much answered, I think. We don't tolerate harassment at all. Whether or not an admin wants to characterize something like this as harassment or as racism will typically be left up to their discretion of the said incident.

Edit: Nice edit shinobi...

Edited by Will.

• Content Count:  3401

Why is it always the people who "aren't racists" who make these sort of threads, I've seen it in every community/discord I've been in. We get it, you're racist, don't push that shit onto me though.

• Content Count:  64

He's had it since he first joined, it's only helping the point he's making in this thread

:seels:

Exactly, nobody gives a shit about my name or anything. But if I had a picture of some skinny African kid with the name "I Eat Nothing", I would be instantly banned or asked to change my name.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread