? servers

? players online

[JB] Big Cage and boxes

• Content Count:  3294

When playing on a map with a big cage (specifically vip in the mix, revamp, and razor) the order is usually to be on the box. However some people can't get on boxes because they don't understand the mechanics of crouch-jumping. So is it really fair to call that delaying?

• Content Count:  133

I think there was another post about this, i’m not sure tho lol but anyways I would consider it delaying as they are not following the order to be on boxes, however it all depends on the cts if they want to warning shot, give another order, or just let them stand there. Btw crouch jumping is pretty easy so they will learn.

• Content Count:  2187

If a T does not know how to crouch jump on top of a box that would require a crouch jump, then the CT should be fair and reasonable and give the T some time. If by a reasonable amount of time that the T is not on top of the boxes, the CT should be allowed to warning shot first, then kill them if the T STILL has not gone on top of the boxes.

Ignorance does not constitute delaying.

• Content Count:  5674

• Detouring and Delaying - when a prisoner doesn’t directly follow the order given, but isn’t blatantly disobeying.

Yes, it's completely fair to call that delaying. Them not getting onto boxes means they aren't directly following the order. No special treatment is required from the CT, you handle it like any other delaying situation.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  452

Yes, it's completely fair to call that delaying. Them not getting onto boxes means they aren't directly following the order. No special treatment is required from the CT, you handle it like any other delaying situation.

Dominic hit this right on the nail!

• Content Count:  5375

If a T does not know how to crouch jump on top of a box that would require a crouch jump, then the CT should be fair and reasonable and give the T some time. If by a reasonable amount of time that the T is not on top of the boxes, the CT should be allowed to warning shot first, then kill them if the T STILL has not gone on top of the boxes.

Ignorance does not constitute delaying.

???????????????????????????????????????????????

• Content Count:  2187

???????????????????????????????????????????????

In retrospect, it would be fair to allow a new player some T to follow an order since they don't really know the basics of JB, but warning them with a shot would be better in controlling all of the Ts since nobody would want to get shot.

My bad if that post came off as me trying to give an official ruling. I thought CTs would have to be fair to all players as orders were given, but I can understand why this would be delaying now that I've had some time to think about it.

• Content Count:  3740

We're going to be playing with a few cvars that will help with crouch jumping on JB, similar to what is currently on ZE. This should make it easier for new players to crouch jump onto things like boxes in big cage. This will hopefully be done tonight, but most definitely by tomorrow.

Reply to Thread